PDA

View Full Version : Questions about Navigation script on DD

ebsboards
10-10-2006, 06:43 AM
Script found at:
http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex1/jimmenu/index.htm

Is there anyone who can help with the navigation code found on this page - http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex1/jimmenu/index.htm
1) Once placed on a page following the directions, it does not line up correctly in IE as it is shown to (It is in different locations on different computers, screen sizes, etc).
2) Also It looks weird in Firefox

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
:)
James

jscheuer1
10-10-2006, 06:52 AM
If you are not using a DOCTYPE, try it with one. Other than that and making sure that you understand and are following all of the directions that come with this third party menu, I'd say find another menu that looks like you want it to.

ebsboards
10-10-2006, 12:48 PM
hello and thanks for replying. Is this your code?

I like the code, it is pretty nice and has a lot of customizing options, but like I said there are a few issues. I am using a css template.

jscheuer1, is there a similar navigation code with drop down options like this one has that you would suggest.

thanks. I really appreciate it.

JA

codeexploiter
10-10-2006, 01:23 PM
why don't you post your source code so that the troubleshooters will get more help and can provide you with better help.

ebsboards
10-10-2006, 01:44 PM
Thanks again for the help everyone. I really appreciate it and am really trying to learn this stuff.

You can see this and get the code at http://www.entertainmentbookingsource.com/test.html

I have attached the config file.

If you look at the url example above and then resize your browser you will see how this moves all over the place. You can it be set in place?

If you need additional info please post it and I will try to upload it to you right away!

Thanks!
:)

ebsboards
10-10-2006, 01:46 PM
Here is the code from the page attached

Strangeplant
10-10-2006, 03:57 PM
In the download package, there is a file, tutorial.html that tells about the configuration for this menu, and you have selected example.html, but I believe that example3.html would be more suitable to your page. It will adapt to screen resolution changes in all browsers and is self-centering. Try this one.

ebsboards
10-10-2006, 09:15 PM
is that the only solution, using #3, because that one has some text that remains there, and looks different?

is there another option with this code, or just another similar navigation you would suggest?

Thanks in advance!

Strangeplant
10-11-2006, 01:28 PM
The key to use this is the one line call to a function:
menus[0].floatMenu(1024, 768, 10, 0);, which needs to go inside Function init(), which resides in each of the config.js, config2.js and config3.js. You can see config3.js as an example. All the rest of your code can stay the same. You can set the vertical offset by changing the value of the Fourth Parameter in this function. The Third Parameter changes the left offset.

Offsets of the sub menus can also be set similarly - see the tutorial.

You can just delete the table for the default text shown in Example3.html

You can easily get what you want with this script..... If you need more help, I will rewrite your page and conf.js.

BTW, the first two parameters in the one-liner above are the anticipated screen resolutions. Even these can be set by additional code if needed.....

Hope this helps.

ebsboards
10-11-2006, 11:14 PM
strangeplant;
that is a very nice offer and I hope not to hard. All I have been looking for is a cool drop down navigation that fits in my page and is part of the overall site and not to far to the left or to far to the right - just placed from border to border.

I can not thank you more for helping me with this as it seems to be outside of my knowledge range.

Is there anything you need from me to assist you?

Thanks again and in advance!

:D

ebsboards
10-12-2006, 09:20 PM
do you need any additional info or files?