PDA

View Full Version : Music with a sig once a curser moves over it

YoMoma
10-10-2006, 03:16 AM
Hi, I was wondering how do you make a hosted song play for example in a forum when someone moves their curser over your signature? I have just the song I would like to play when a curser moves over my sig. How hard is it to do this. Is it just a little code that goes into your signature?
Thanks

tech_support
10-10-2006, 03:28 AM
99.999998% of all forums disable HTML, so there's no way. (Not that I've seen one that has HTML capability)

djr33
10-10-2006, 03:37 AM
Yep.
As admin (at my own forum), I played with that a bit. I got an alert to pop up when someone went over my avatar. Really confused people. It was amusing. However, even that was complex. Forums are just tricky to navigate the code of, so it's a pain to add to them... y'know?

BLiZZaRD
10-10-2006, 08:21 AM
I once thought about addinf music to my forums, where each member could upload a 2 - 3 second snippet of a song, and it would play when they logged in. Most of my members thought it would be cool, but I forgot all about it.

Maybe now that I remember I will work on it again... maybe not

djr33
10-10-2006, 08:24 AM
If the forum happens to allow embedding flash (which some do, or at least can, though it might not be enabled), you could do it that way, and onMouseover would work. (or, the equivelant, anyway)