I have this code...
this.onRollover = function()
{
cover.useHandCursor=false;
// dont think youd even need any code as long as you have a function
// maybe you could do the mouse code that didnt show a rollover state
// meaning your black square acts as a block but doesnt look active itself
}
} But it doesn't work the mouse still shows up on RollOver any ideas?

BLiZZaRD
10-10-2006, 07:51 AM
Just use this instead:

Mouse.hide();
_root.onMouseUp = function(){Mouse.hide()};

Now, technically you can just use:

Mouse.hide();

All works well, but if the user right-clicks it will bring up the Flash menu, and the cursor will appear and stay there. by making a mouse up function it will hide it again. :D

Also note your code is turning off the handCursor, which is not am implimented state of Flash, meaning the cursor will default to the OS items for Mouse behavior. Those people that have novelty cursors will see those instead of the hand finger, etc. The only way to combat that is to declare your own cursors, in which you would hide the normal cursors with the above code, and then add your own.

If you haven't done that in your movie, then there is no handCursor to hide.

tomyknoker
10-10-2006, 01:54 PM
Just use this instead:

Mouse.hide();
_root.onMouseUp = function(){Mouse.hide()};

Now, technically you can just use:

Mouse.hide();

All works well, but if the user right-clicks it will bring up the Flash menu, and the cursor will appear and stay there. by making a mouse up function it will hide it again. :D

Also note your code is turning off the handCursor, which is not am implimented state of Flash, meaning the cursor will default to the OS items for Mouse behavior. Those people that have novelty cursors will see those instead of the hand finger, etc. The only way to combat that is to declare your own cursors, in which you would hide the normal cursors with the above code, and then add your own.

If you haven't done that in your movie, then there is no handCursor to hide.Hey Blizzard I wasn't clear on my post :rolleyes: I wanted to stop the hand from showing up... I got it to work finally but was hoping someone could explaing to me why the second code works but the first doesn't... Technically aren't they both the same?

Hmmm got it to work guys but I still don't get it! Hopefully one of you can shed some light... I changed
{
cover.useHandCursor=false;
}
} to
{
this.useHandCursor=false;
}
} But shouldn't both work???

BLiZZaRD
10-11-2006, 08:16 AM
You would think they would work both of them. But Flash 8 made some dynamic changes to thier parent/child structures and the applications of such.

More and more developers were moving to _parent instead of _root. which explains the transition, but not the outcome.