PDA

View Full Version : Legal question

Razzar
10-09-2006, 09:05 PM
Can the scripts DD offers be used for commercial purposes. I've tried to contact DD but I haven't gotten any response, and I wan't to be absolutely sure that I do not violate any rights of the author of the script in question. The script I wish to use is not a product offering in itself, and never will be. It is used in the background for navigating a menu.

I have read the terms of usage here on the DD website, but I'm still a bit uncertain, so any help/clarification is much appreciated :)

This is the script: http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex1/switchmenu.htm

Twey
10-09-2006, 09:41 PM
They can be used for commercial purposes. From the terms of use (http://www.dynamicdrive.com/notice.htm):
Users may use any DHTML scripts offered for download on Dynamic Drive, free of charge, on both personal and commercial web sites. This includes web designers who wish to use our DHTML scripts in their paid web site projects.

Razzar
10-10-2006, 07:05 PM
Thanks for your reply, but I'm still uncertain after reading the terms and conditions in their entirety. Here is the case: The product I'm working on consists of HTML and DHTML (like the script I linked to in my first post) and only an internet browser, such as IE and possibly FF is required to use my product. The product, once finished, is to be sold and distributed digitally. Is this allowed? The rules outlined seems grayish to me, so any clarification is much appreciated :)

blm126
10-10-2006, 10:14 PM
Not Acceptable
-Use our DHTML scripts in any type of service or application whereby our codes are part of the product offerings themselves.

that mgiht fall under the above,but DD is the only one who can really answer this question.

Twey
10-11-2006, 11:58 AM
The script I wish to use is not a product offering in itself, and never will be.

The situation described adheres to all of the usage terms. If the usage terms don't accurately reflect what DD will allow, there's a serious flaw in them :)