PDA

View Full Version : Is this possible?

patsman77
10-09-2006, 02:37 AM
Hello All,

I am new to the forum, but have been using dynamic drive scripts for about a year to design my website. I have php mysql on my webhost, and here is my question. I run a football pool, where I have users who goto site and select the games they want and submit them. When they submit them, I get an email with their picks. Then I use a program that imports their picks and posts them within the program webpages that it builds. Then I upload the webpages to my site. Is there a way using mysql that I can create all the users to have their own sheet to make picks? By this, I mean....As of right now, they goto a designated page to make their picks. They chose their name from a list and then submit. If they go back to the page to resubmit picks, they have to fill it out again. What I am looking for is for them to be able to make their picks and then when they go back to the pick page, it has their picks stored and they can just change some picks while the rest stay intact. If this makes sense and anyone has any insight, that would be great. Thanx in advance!

Patsman77

djr33
10-09-2006, 06:19 AM
Doesn't sound complex.

http://php-mysql-tutorial.com

Note: Are you really talking about gambling? You NEED some verification for age and such. You could get in big trouble if you don't take the needed precautions and minors use your site to gamble. Are there credit cards involved? Again, security issue. Be careful.

patsman77
10-09-2006, 09:11 AM
Hello,

This is a private "pool" that I run with friends and family. No CC's or anything like that...just friendly competition amongst ourselves. I will check out what you posted and see if it makes sense to me....Thanx for your reply!

Patsman77

djr33
10-09-2006, 09:13 AM
Alright. Sure.
Also note that, considering that, you should add some type of verification so that random people don't just start signing up ;)

patsman77
10-09-2006, 09:22 AM
Actually,

Signup is only allowed before season started and all signups were verified before name is added to the "picksheet". It is truely a private league. I understand I will have to make it so it is user authenticated, where they have to sign in to access the "picksheet"...the rest of what I asked will be the real project though...and how I love projects! Thanx again!

Patsman77

djr33
10-09-2006, 09:31 AM
Yep. that sounds fine.

Passwords are generally exactly what you'd do for the rest... forms/php/database/etc., and you might want to look into php sessions (session variables), which store info about a user... like their password/username to keep them logged in. It goes with them from page to page, while they're at your site. They come in handy.