View Full Version : Rich HTMLTooltip: put a tooltip inside another tooltip

dudehere
10-05-2006, 12:51 AM
1) Script Title:
Rich HTML Balloon Tooltip

2) Script URL (on DD):
http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex5/balloontooltip.htm

3) Describe problem:
I am trying to use the rich html tooltip inside another tooltip. Basically I am using overlib.js to create a popup with a list of related items. then inside that popup I have a detail link that would bring up another tooltip with info on that item.

For example, I have a general item called Apples. The user clicks on Apples and it brings up a tooltip table with overlib containing the grid of different apples. In the grid there will be a link tooltip with more detail for that specific Apple. I cant seem to get the rich html tooltip popup to work inside the first popup. Not sure if it possible.

I have attached a zip file containing a simple working example with all scripts. You'll notice the tooltip works for the link in the page, but not the link in the product popup grid. Any way to make this work?

ddadmin
10-05-2006, 06:51 AM
The problem is that since the contents of the tooltip generated by Overlib is dynamic, any link(s) inside in fact are not links yet until the user has clicked on the link. The Balloontip script only scans the page when the page initially loads looking for links with the "rel" attribute.

One solution would be, instead of Overlib, to switch to a tooltip script that lets you embed ordinary HTML directly as its contents to show, such as Overlapping Content script. (http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex5/overlapcontent.htm) Any links defined inside the drop down boxes are just normal HTML, so the Balloon script shouldn't have a problem picking up on them.

dudehere
10-05-2006, 07:17 AM
Hmm I had a feeling overlib would be the problem. Thanks for the suggestions.

By the way ddadmin, kudos to Dynamic Drive the site is one of the best script resources on the web and you guys are amazingly fast and responsive to questions.