PDA

View Full Version : No Right Click III Question

fire
01-13-2005, 09:32 PM
The script prevents right clicking which is good but I was wondering if it's possible to disable the "Edit with Notepad" button or "View Source" in browsers in addition, or if there is another script for this?

mwinter
01-13-2005, 10:23 PM
The script prevents right clicking which is goodNo it isn't. The only visitors that will be affected are those that have no interest in stealing your content. Those that do want to take something won't be phased for a second.

The context menu is a highly useful interface element. Don't remove it or replace it.

I was wondering if it's possible to disable the "Edit with Notepad" button or "View Source" in browsers in addition, or if there is another script for this?No. Even if you could, I could still take anything from your site I wanted to.

Mike

simonf
01-14-2005, 06:59 AM
Hi Fire

Mike is 100% correct. I like a lot of people used to use the no right click scripts, but quickly realized their not even worth the time to load, let alone use on the web. All of the page is downloaded to the users PC's so as Mike said if the user want 's the stuff they will get it. If you don't want them to get it.. Don't post it on the web.