PDA

View Full Version : Converyor belt slideshow script...HELP

Shutdown007
09-29-2006, 04:53 PM
I've been working with your Converyor belt slideshow script and when I view it in IE 6.0 it looks like it starts fine, but as soon as the next imaged rotation starts the first few images look o.k. then half the line blanks out. After that it starts over.

I have 9 images...

I see the first-lastfirst then half of the 400px wdth I use the back half drops off.

I'm sorry if it sounds a little confusing...I just want a smooth transition between rotations....

I'm also using Dreamweaver MX.....

Thanks

jscheuer1
09-29-2006, 05:12 PM
Sounds as though you haven't configured the width properly or, you have it inside of something that centers content.

To be of any more specific help, we would need a link to the problem page.

Shutdown007
09-29-2006, 05:28 PM
John,

You are correct that the web page is centered. I have <center><body>
I wanted all the pages to be centered. Does the code have to be in a table?

Patrick

Shutdown007
09-29-2006, 05:31 PM
Also you mentioned about the width....

What is the proper way to set the:

I have 10 total pics

var slideshowgap=0

Thanks

Patrick

jscheuer1
09-29-2006, 07:48 PM
<center><body>

Patrick

You're not really supposed to have an element of any kind outside the body and <center> has been deprecated as, its effect upon complex content can be unpredictable.

You listed no link to the script here on DD so I cannot just click to see the code for it but, as I recall, it has someplace where you set the width of the conveyor, either in the configuration, style, or inline style of the outermost division. Don't even worry about that at first. If you must use center, close it for the slide show:

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd">
<html>

<head>
<title></title>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1" >

scripts and style (if any) that belong in the head of the page go here

</head>
<body><center>

some regular stuff here

</center>
<div style="width:300px;margin:0 auto;">

slide show body section code here

</div>
<center>

the rest of the page here

</center>
</body>
</html>

The DOCTYPE is required. You can use any pixel width in place of the 300px - whatever suits, ideally the width of the slide show.