PDA

View Full Version : Customize skin?

KB1
09-28-2006, 08:30 PM
Hi

I need some help in customizing my own skin for web playback...any good tutorials out there? Also, any free skins out there?

I know I open the fla file of a skin in FLASH PROF 8, but when I do how in the world do you get it in the form and size you want it? Tons of buttons on the stage, and a long chrome bar - how do you make it the size you want (500 x whatever small height) and just a few buttons, ie play/pause, mute/on, scrub bar?

Thanks KB

Aragoth
09-28-2006, 08:36 PM
KBeeson from Flashkit?

BLiZZaRD
09-29-2006, 08:34 AM
What application are you using? (or is it called "Web Playback"????) Skins to download and use will require the specific engine of the application.

Do you have a link to the skin you are talking about? Without having something to see I can't be of more help. Sorry..

KB1
09-29-2006, 04:43 PM
Just using FLASH Prof 8, and I was lead to a good article on what I was talking about - on adobe web site - re: how to customize video skins for your web videos - the controls that go under the video to play, pause, etc.
KB

http://www.adobe.com/devnet/flash/articles/custom_flvcomp.html

BLiZZaRD
09-30-2006, 05:05 AM
Ohh. I didn't know they had incorporated FLV into Flash 8. I am using Flash 7.

It is using AS 2.0 though, and all button mannerisms are the same. reduce your stage size same as normal, reposition buttons, and delete the ones you don't need. Any script changes etc will be the same with any movie.

Good Luck. If I ever upgrade to version 8 I will have a better understanding.