PDA

View Full Version : HV Menu help

tmanalowishus
09-28-2006, 12:49 AM
1) Script Title: HV Menu v5.5

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex1/hvmenu/index.htm

3) Describe problem: I have the menu in a table. In Mozilla based browsers, the menu hangs a few pixels out of the left side of the table. Is there anything that I can do to correct this?

jscheuer1
09-28-2006, 04:43 AM
There are a number of ways of dealing with this situation, depending upon your actual layout. First off though, Mozilla is most likely displaying correctly, it is IE that is off. The likely reason that this appears otherwise is that you probably designed the page first using IE.

In any case, IE only code in javascript can usually be written like so:

var some_positioning_variable=document.body.filters? 25 : 30;

The first value (red) will be used by IE, all other browsers will use the second (green) value.

tmanalowishus
09-28-2006, 04:58 AM
First, I'd like to thank you for responding.

I have been continually testing the page as I build it in AOL Explorer v1.5, Netscape v8.1, Mozilla Firefox v1.5.0.6, Opera v9.02, Internet Explorer v6.02..., and Mozilla v1.7.12.

The menu will not position correctly in Firefox, Opera, Mozilla, or Netscape set as Firefox. Is there a hack I could use?

jscheuer1
09-28-2006, 07:09 AM
In any case, IE only code in javascript can usually be written like so:

var some_positioning_variable=document.body.filters? 25 : 30;

The first value (red) will be used by IE, all other browsers will use the second (green) value.

That was it but, perhaps it could use more explanation. There are a host of values that you can set in exmplmenu_var.js - some of which look like so:

var StartTop=240; // Menu offset x coordinate
var StartLeft=1; // Menu offset y coordinate
var VerCorrect=0; // Multiple frames y correction
var HorCorrect=0; // Multiple frames x correction
var LeftPaddng=3; // Left padding
var TopPaddng=2; // Top padding

It would be by applying the hack that I already gave you that you could manipulate some of these values to compensate.