PDA

View Full Version : [DHTML] context (right click) menu

justas
09-24-2006, 07:48 PM
1) CODE TITLE:
Javascript context (right click) menu

2) AUTHOR NAME/NOTES: Justas Vinevicius

3) DESCRIPTION:
This javascript context menu is very lightweight, OOP based and item-specific. You can setup it in a few seconds.

4) URL TO CODE: http://www.webtoolkit.info/javascript/context-menu/source.html

mburt
09-24-2006, 07:53 PM
Nice menu. But, I hate to say it... It's pretty much useless in non-compliant browsers. And sometimes that could actually be annoying. eg: when someone wants to copy something, poof! A silvery menu appears. :p Good overall effort though

justas
09-24-2006, 08:07 PM
Nice menu. But, I hate to say it... It's pretty much useless in browsers with JavaScript disabled. And sometimes that could actually be annoying. eg: when someone wants to copy something, poof! A silvery menu appears. :p Good overall effort though
Well yes i agree there with you, but you cant make context menus without javascript :( . This one is rather simple to implement, and to modify. I hope it'll be useful to someone :)

mburt
09-24-2006, 08:11 PM
Just because you posted the script here doesn't mean it will be featured on DD :) It very well could be though.

justas
09-24-2006, 08:17 PM
Just because you posted the script here doesn't mean it will be featured on DD :) It very well could be though.

If it will be posted on DD maybe someone will use, modify that script. If not i do not see any problems here.

I just wrote this script because i didn't find something i needed :( , so i hope anyone who is looking for something like this will find it here, thats all ;)

mburt
09-24-2006, 08:26 PM
Okay, I thought you didn't understand how this worked. Sorry for all the grief :)

shachi
09-25-2006, 05:16 PM
Nice menu. Hey I have a solution for the user interface, Why don't you make it so that if the user hits ctrl and clicks his/her default context menu appears?? Just a suggestion though. Anyways there are a lot of ways this can be improved.

justas
09-25-2006, 06:02 PM
Nice menu. Hey I have a solution for the user interface, Why don't you make it so that if the user hits ctrl and clicks his/her default context menu appears?? Just a suggestion though. Anyways there are a lot of ways this can be improved.

Nice suggestion, i think i'll try to implement it ;) .