PDA

View Full Version : anylink dropdown menu

greggc
09-16-2006, 08:39 PM
1) Script Title: Anyink dropdown menu

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex1/anylinkcss.htm

3) Describe problem:

Oh Gosh A Dropdown question!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Having tried the anylink dropdown menu, I have two questions. Is there a way to get the title of the menu to have a link? In other words, let's say I have a dropdown that starts with the word sassafrass, and there are the submenus under that title sassafrass. Is there a way to link sassafrass? I have tried, and am doing something wrong.
The other question I have is this: Is there a way to change the text of the sublinks from the horrible purple of a visited link to a different color? This is the other item I have tried to change to no avail.. Got any suggestions?

Is there a better menu to use? I saw the chrome one, but haven't tried it yet....I am looking for a relatively simple one for a shopping site...
Thanks in advance,..It is appreciated.

jscheuer1
09-16-2006, 10:51 PM
That is actually the AnyLink CSS Menu, a slightly more advanced version of the AnyLink Drop Down Menu.

1 ) From the top of the "anylink.js" file:

var disappeardelay=250 //menu disappear speed onMouseout (in miliseconds)
var enableanchorlink=0 //Enable or disable the anchor link when clicked on? (1=e, 0=d)
var hidemenu_onclick=1 //hide menu when user clicks within menu? (1=yes, 0=no)

Change the 0 to 1.

2 ) The style of the menu is controled by the css in the "anylink.css" file (hence its name), where you will find:

.anylinkcss{
position:absolute;
visibility: hidden;
border:1px solid black;
border-bottom-width: 0;
font:normal 12px Verdana;
line-height: 18px;
z-index: 100;
background-color: #E9FECB;
width: 205px;
}

.anylinkcss a{
width: 100%;
display: block;
text-indent: 3px;
border-bottom: 1px solid black;
padding: 1px 0;
text-decoration: none;
font-weight: bold;
text-indent: 5px;
}

.anylinkcss a:hover{ /*hover background color*/
background-color: black;
color: white;
}
}

The highlighted block is where you control the style for the drop down links (though some of the styles are inherited from the first block), you can also add style blocks for:

.anylinkcss a:link
.anylinkcss a:visited
.anylinkcss a:active

if you like, .anylinkcss a:hover is already there. The anchor links follow whatever the default link style for the page is set to. This can be changed in any of the usual manners. For example:

<a class="anyanchor" href="http://www.dynamicdrive.com" onClick="return clickreturnvalue()" onMouseover="dropdownmenu(this, event, 'anylinkmenu1')">Anchor Link</a>

Then you can style that class in the anylink.css stylesheet file, ex:

.anyanchor {
color:red;
background-color:lightblue;
}

.anyanchor:hover {
background-color:pink;
}

greggc
09-17-2006, 01:40 AM
Thank you for the reply, as it was too cool!

Much appreciated!

Gregg :D