PDA

View Full Version : Anyway to prevent saving or copying?

VML
01-10-2005, 05:35 PM
I've added the 'no-right click' to my pages, but I still get the 'icons'/options to save/e-mail/print... is there any script to disable those functions?
And is there anyway to disable accessing web pages with - 'Edit with Microsoft Word' ?
And I might as well ask this as well... is there any HTML Tag or code that will disable saving images from a Message Board?

After reading this forum, it seems that there is always a way around any of these 'blocks', but I have visited sites where I couldn't save, email, or print their images & info, so there must be something?....

cr3ative
01-10-2005, 05:53 PM
I've added the 'no-right click' to my pages
They're pointless. If you want to copyright something or keep it private, don't post it online. Simple. If someone wants to get your images or source code, it'll take them 30 seconds longer than it would via right-clicking. I strongly suggest you remove this script, as it only annoys visitors to the site.

...HTML Tag or code that will disable saving images from a Message Board
No, there isn't.

it seems that there is always a way around any of these 'blocks
There always is, yes. Try browsing your "right-click blocked" page in FireFox or any other decent browser.

but I have visited sites where I couldn't save, email, or print their images & info
This is impossible, unless the whole site is made in flash. Then just press Print Screen.

cr3ative