PDA

View Full Version : Switch Content - in questions that are longer than 1 line, how to wrap text?

kvirnig
09-14-2006, 06:46 PM
1) Script Title: Switch Content - in questions that are longer than 1 line, how to wrap text?

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex17/switchcontent.htm

3) Describe problem:

[Not sure if this s/b posted on the HTML and/or the CSS forum(s) also, but I'm experiencing the problem in the Switch Content script.]

My client has very long questions that wrap to the next line, under my plus and minus images, instead of under the first letter of the word on the first line. (She wants it to wrap like a bulleted item would.) Could you tell me if this is even possible to achieve, please?

I have tried putting the question # in 1 cell in a table and the question text in the second cell, but that didn't work. I've also tried adding an inline style with text-indent, but that only indented the first line. I've looked for another attribute related to "text wrap" but cannot find one.

Thanks so much!
Kirsten

jscheuer1
09-15-2006, 06:03 AM
Margin, most likely, or padding would do the trick. It is impossible for me to be too specific, without seeing what you have but, from the sound of it, I'd try something like so in the head of the page:

<style type="text/css">
.switchcontent {
margin-left:5em;
}
</style>