PDA

View Full Version : Right-click - new page

pauldreed
09-13-2006, 07:54 PM
I am looking for some code which if the right mouse button is clicked, takes the current page to a predetermined fresh page.
This is required for a victim support website, where visitors may not wish others to see that they are vieweing the site, and by right clicking, the site will be redirected to, say a weather website, and avoid embarssment.
Any ideas?

Twey
09-13-2006, 08:33 PM
A good idea, but I don't know about the implementation. A mouse gesture or a less-common button press would be a better choice.

mwinter
09-13-2006, 08:44 PM
I am looking for some code which if the right mouse button is clicked, takes the current page to a predetermined fresh page.

And hijack a user interface feature? Not a good idea, in my opinion.

This is required for a victim support website, where visitors may not wish others to see that they are vieweing the site, and by right clicking, the site will be redirected to, say a weather website, and avoid embarssment.

Then suggest they open another window (or tab) in the background. A separate application would also be fine. The user can then minimise the browser or simply task- or tab-switch.

Mike

blm126
09-13-2006, 09:44 PM
Another option would be to replace the contents on your own page with a "fake" page. This way they could click the button/press the key to return to the original page.