View Full Version : Ultimate Fadein slideshow, stop random

fx2050
09-10-2006, 09:21 PM
1) Script Title:
Firefox1+ IE5+ Opera 7+ Ultimate Fade-in slideshow

2) Script URL (on DD):
http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex14/fadeinslideshow.htm

3) Describe problem:
I have removed the R for random and left as "", one minute it worked fine and slides in order then all of a sudden it seems to be back to random.

I have cleared cache and rebooted and same issue in FF and IE

I cannot have it as random

any ideas?

<script type="text/javascript">
//new fadeshow(IMAGES_ARRAY_NAME, slideshow_width, slideshow_height, borderwidth, delay, pause (0=no, 1=yes), optionalRandomOrder)
new fadeshow(fadeimages, 270, 380, 0, 6000, 0, "")

</script>

I have also noticed that it does not allow to specify images in a different folder
fadeimages[0]=["/images/pics/pic.jpg", "", ""]

I have to move the images to the root
fadeimages[0]=["pic.jpg", "", ""]

jscheuer1
09-11-2006, 12:47 AM
Don't leave the empty quotes and comma behind, remove the quotes and the comma and the R (red):

new fadeshow(fadeimages, 140, 225, 0, 3000, 1, "R")

to get something like this:

new fadeshow(fadeimages, 140, 225, 0, 3000, 1)

The other problem really isn't a problem. I'm not sure what you are doing wrong but, the script is perfectly capable of using a path to the images as long as the path and filename are correct. In your example:

fadeimages[0]=["/images/pics/pic.jpg", "", ""]

there must be a folder named images in the root of the domain that contains a folder named pics that contains an image named pic.jpg. Now, if you mean a folder named images contained in the current folder (as opposed to the root):

fadeimages[0]=["images/pics/pic.jpg", "", ""]

That's without the leading slash. Also, if the upper and lower case of the path and filename do not agree with the actual path and filename on the server, even if they are spelled identically otherwise, it still won't work.

Paths are easy to understand and to get right but, they are also easy to mess up. Once you have an error it can be difficult to track down as, there can be so many reasons. If you need more help, please post a link to your problem page.