PDA

View Full Version : Ajax Tab Content Question

Martee
09-10-2006, 12:59 AM
1) Script Title: Ajax Tab Content Script

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex17/ajaxtabscontent/index.htm

3) Describe problem: Am wondering what or how I can use for external files a 'pdf' and 'txt'?

Script works great for the example, but so far I am at a loss on how to get a 'pdf' file used. In short trying to use a number of different external files on one page..

I did set up separately the iframe scripts and that works, but I don't have a clue how to get this working for one tab. I did a search based on it with zero returns regarding an external pdf file reference, figure this is probably not going to be do able. Any help or comments would be appreciated.

Thanks

jscheuer1
09-10-2006, 03:08 AM
You may be able to do this with a .txt page. I'm not sure but, with a .pdf there is no page_request.responseText - the object from the requested page that gets written to the current document. You would have better luck using, as you said, an iframe for .pdf. You might be able to make up an external page with an iframe on it whose source (src) is the .pdf and load that page via AJAX tabs. There really is no advantage to using AJAX tabs with a .pdf even if you could get it to work as far as I can tell. It would require accessing something other than the .pdf's page_request.responseText though.