PDA

View Full Version : Mouse over image swap on hot spot

barge1
01-09-2005, 03:11 PM
Yes, I know it sounds dificult to me too . Please refer to the page to see what I want to do.

www.hollowpointmusic.com

When you rollover the background image on the individual people, their name appears!

Can someone help me extract the code and show me what to change to use it with my JPG , names etc..

Thanks!

theprincessbride
01-10-2005, 12:22 AM
All these folks did was take the desired picture and cut it into many pieces (one for each person) then the rest is obvious.

Minos
01-10-2005, 05:47 AM
The only other way is with Image Mapping software (unless you reeeeallly like trial and error). MapEdit seems to do the job.

BUT! The mouseover effect can only really be done (well) by cutting a larger image into sections.**

*NOTE* This could also be done with CGI, but you would need your own server, or be paying for a higher end hosting service...as most free/cheap hosts do not offer CGI scripting.

**Unless, of course, you created multiple image maps from the sections of that one image, and created a mouseover only when you are over the person himself, and not for a giant square, and then linked the whole map...but that's a bit more detail :)