PDA

View Full Version : Login, Accounts, Password, and Database help..

Yowhatever
09-03-2006, 02:30 AM
Well, the title isn't the greatest... but...

I'm working on my website, and I'd REALLY would want to have a login, register type thing.

I've googled "Password script" "password protect script" and "password protect script database ASP" , and everything I find is extremely outdated or just doesn't work. I was wonding if anyone had a good place to get a good script... I have little experience with databases so I'd like to avoid having to make one myself...

Sorry if this sounds a little, impossible, or confusing :p

Thanks!!

codeexploiter
09-11-2006, 07:27 AM
You could've searched "User Management in ASP". You'll get large number of scripts for doing the user management using ASP.

I think it is better if you learn basics of databases, ASP and SQL if you want to handle in a better way your user management.

Firstfactor
09-11-2006, 10:55 PM
Have a look at http://www.webthang.co.uk/ great place to start. Site seems to be down check it out latter.

WolfQueen
02-03-2007, 07:46 PM
You could have just told him/her where to get a script to paste into his/her webpage so he/she could have people actually log in and register. That is what I came here for. Not to take a course in anything. Sometimes it is better to be part of the solution than the problem. Thank you, FirstFactor. These kind of sites need people like you. You rock.

Twey
02-03-2007, 07:55 PM
I see both sides: in some cases it really isn't possible to learn the necessary skills in time, such as if the site must be up for a deadline, but on the other hand, failing to understand the code one is using can often lead to problems later on, for example failing to spot security holes in the script or the way it was plugged into the existing site code, or when one later requires features that aren't quite provided by the script.

The ideal response would probably have included both a link to an existing script, and tutorials to be perused by the original poster when time becomes a less formidable enemy.

mburt
02-03-2007, 09:21 PM
I'm working on my website, and I'd REALLY would want to have a login, register type thing.
I did for my site, via PHP/MySql. Look here:
http://www.freewebmasterhelp.com/tutorials/phpmysql