PDA

View Full Version : Buttons

viktor
01-06-2005, 07:15 AM
Hey,
I created navigation bar with buttons. Before I used links as the way to ger around my site and I used target = "frame" to keep it in boundaries of the frame. However, when I replaced links with buttons I can no longer get pages to stay in frame.
This code was before:
<tr height="40">
<td nowrap="nowrap" bgcolor="#f5f5f5" width="110" height="40">
<div align="center"> <a href="rules.html" target="frame"> Rules</a></div>
</td>
</tr>
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is after:
<tr height="40">
<td nowrap bgcolor="#f5f5f5" width="110" height="40">

<p>&nbsp;
<applet code="fphover.class" codebase="./" width="95" height="24">
<param name="textcolor" value="#FFFFFF">
<param name="color" value="#993300">
<param name="hovercolor" value="#CC0000">
<param name="effect" value="glow">
<param name="fontstyle" value="bold">
<param name="fontsize" value="14">
<param name="font" value="Dialog">
<param name="url" valuetype="ref" value="rules.html" >
<param name="sound" valuetype="ref" value="../../Desktop/doorcreak.au">
<param name="hoversound" valuetype="ref" value="../../Desktop/dooropen.au">
<param name="text" value="Rules">
</applet></p>

</td>
</tr>
----------------------------------------------------------
Even if I put target="frame" after the url it still doesn't work. Any insight guys on this problem ?

mwinter
01-06-2005, 12:41 PM
I created navigation bar with buttons.You posted code for a Java applet, not buttons. In my not-so-humble opinion, using Java for navigation is a bad idea on the Web.

Before I used links as the way to ger around my siteI'd suggest you continue using them.

the frame.Frames are another bad idea for the Web. They have their uses, but they generally cause more problems than they're worth. They're certainly unnecessary for something as simple as a navigation menu.

Mike

viktor
01-06-2005, 07:40 PM
Thats the only way to create hoover buttons with effects and sound on click or on hoover. I used frame to keep index page without reloading. Other pages are opened in that frame. I just need a way to put them back in frams with hoover buttons.

mwinter
01-06-2005, 08:54 PM
I just need a way to put them back in frams with hoover buttons.If the applet wasn't originally written to cope with frames, there's nothing you can do without reprogramming the applet. If it was, read the documentation for the applet to find out how to use it.

Mike