PDA

View Full Version : How to get едц with Ajax?

Abxi
08-25-2006, 04:14 AM
1) Script Title: Ajax Tab Content Script

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamici...axtabscontent/

3) Describe problem:

Anyone know if using this where it read from a source, if i can add a line or something so that it can read едц signs.

Great place :)
-Abxi-

jscheuer1
08-25-2006, 04:31 AM
As far as I know, no one has solved this to anyone's satisfaction. I always advise people to try hex value entities on the source document, if you know what they are, for example, for е you can use:

å

I also ask folks to try the javascript escaped hex value (in this case):

\xe5

also on the source document.

Another approach is to make sure that your server's HTTP header is configured for the proper character set. This has nothing to do with the meta content-type tag but, rather with the server's configuration. Information on this is available at:

http://www.w3.org/International/questions/qa-htaccess-charset

and other places about the web:

http://www.google.com/search?client=opera&rls=en&q=.htaccess+character+set&sourceid=opera&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

Please let us know if you have success with any of these approaches or need more help with any of them.

Abxi
08-25-2006, 10:56 PM
Well writting the html and the characters number works in this ajax script.

For the ones i needed its; (cant specify with = in the code lol makes it the character

Omg rape the ****ing quotes no more ****ing tires .. **** it!

i had a site with a list of all the characters number otherwise just check characters at the windows. The combo to write the character alt + 0229 for å. Think logical remove the 0 and u got 229 which is the characters number.

Using the xe5 hex works as well :P, of course it would also be like å,

-Abxi-

Twey
08-25-2006, 11:04 PM
Named references are always easier to remember. For example, å would be å.

jscheuer1
08-26-2006, 08:22 AM
Named references are always easier to remember. For example, е would be å.

Easier to remember perhaps but, with my sieve for a brain and a decent text editor that has a character map as well as reporting the hex and the decimal code of any character that the cursor is over, which would you choose to use? Especially considering that not all characters have named entities. (т.у)

Twey
08-26-2006, 08:36 AM
Easier to remember perhaps but, with my sieve for a brain and a decent text editor that has a character map as well as reporting the hex and the decimal code of any character that the cursor is over, which would you choose to use?Heh.
Especially considering that not all characters have named entities. (ò.ó)All the main Latin-based ones do. (ó.ō)

jscheuer1
08-26-2006, 01:40 PM
Heh.All the main Latin-based ones do. (у.ō)

That still doesn't help with my mnemonic problems. (Every Good Boy Does Fine meets ROY G BIV - no room left at the inn)

Twey
08-26-2006, 05:02 PM
A musician, eh? :)

jscheuer1
08-27-2006, 04:17 AM
You left out spectral analysis physicist and comparative religions scholar.

Actually, none of the above, at the moment.

Twey
08-27-2006, 04:23 PM
Heh.
comparative religions scholarNot a pass-time I'd willingly take up, I must say :)

jscheuer1
08-27-2006, 04:44 PM
Heh.Not a pass-time I'd willingly take up, I must say :)

From our previous exchanges in another thread, it would appear that you already have, at least casually.

Twey
08-27-2006, 05:07 PM
No no. That was a debate on the benefits of religion in general, which is really more of a philosophical point (and with an agnostic). Arguments about a specific religion, especially with members of that religion, tend to end up with "our god says so and that's that" being thrown in (although, in fairness, I have met some who could hold a good debate, especially members of pluralist religions).

jscheuer1
08-28-2006, 05:13 AM
If we go any further with this, we should probably take it back to 'The Lounge' or perhaps email. I just wanted to kick in though that comparative religions study may be undertaken by one of any faith or none. It is the study of the similarities and the difference among religions. And the student often gets to pick which ones.