PDA

View Full Version : Animated Ajax

menutolken
08-24-2006, 01:47 PM
1) Script Title: Dynamic Ajax Content

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex17/ajaxcontent.htm

3) Describe problem:
I am using the above script to call a <div> that contains a form. It is working fine and the form appears correctly when called. I would however like to animate the <div> as it appears. I would like it to have the <div> come in from the top of it's block and descend to fill it's block, taking about 1 second to do so. At the moment the <div> just appears. I'm not sure that it will help but here is code from the page.

<div id="nav">
<ul>
<li class="here"><a href="home.html">home</a></li>
<li><a href="services.html">services</a></li>
<li><a href="prices.html">prices</a></li>
<li><a href="javascript:ajaxpage('ajax_form.html', 'contactform')">contact</a></li>
<li><a href="aboutus.html">about us</a></li>
</ul>
</div>

BTW, thanks for the script. It's a sort of Ajax 101. Great resource.

Andy

jscheuer1
08-25-2006, 03:55 PM
Well, this could be worked out in theory. However, in practice, due to the lag time often involved in fetching AJAX content, it would be a bit involved and somewhat odd looking.

Imagine the page is live. A user clicks on the link and has to (as often is the case) wait for the server to retrieve the content and send it to them. Once this has been accomplished, the content could be slid into view. Personally, at that point, I think the effect would be superfluous.

jeffy777
11-14-2006, 08:36 PM
I would like to do the exact same thing. Can you please help me with this? The load times are fast since I'm just loading pages with mostly text.

jeffy777
11-15-2006, 12:10 AM
Nevermind, I figured it out using script.aculo.us for the slide in/out effect ;)