PDA

View Full Version : [DHTML] Pure JavaScript Image Gallery

mkosbie
08-23-2006, 10:00 PM
1) CODE TITLE: Pure JavaScript Image Gallery

2) AUTHOR NAME/NOTES: Michael Kosbie, Netsmith

3) DESCRIPTION: Totally client side image gallery. Galleries are restructured simply by adding/removing images from the gallery folder. Supports use of title files.

4) URL TO CODE: http://www.netsmithcentral.com/dd/gallery.html

blm126
08-24-2006, 12:52 AM
quite nice, though the long loading time is a major problem(I realize there is nothing you can do about it in javascript). Good Job

mburt
08-24-2006, 12:54 AM
It took so long, I didn't even get to see the image. I thought my browser had frozen (unlikely for FF, but I'm on dial-up, so....) so I closed it. I'll try again though.

mkosbie
08-24-2006, 04:32 PM
Yes, such is the problem with relying solely on JavaScript. I've thought about trying some kind of background preload on the images before displaying the gallery, maybe by limiting each gallery "page" to 10 images or so but don't know that it would substantially speed things up.

On my servers I run the same script to control the gallery, but use ASP File System Objects to query the directories. The result is a much much faster gallery.

tech_support
09-23-2006, 04:52 AM
Page cannot be found?

blm126
09-23-2006, 06:19 PM
This was posted over a month ago, they have probably since removed the page.

jscheuer1
09-23-2006, 06:40 PM
This was posted over a month ago, they have probably since removed the page.

Not a very considerate though, without at least posting to this thread about having withdrawn the script. The OP could also have provided a redirect or uploaded a page at the URL explaining that the demo has been removed and why, or posting to this thread a new location for the demo.