PDA

View Full Version : DHTML Layers - Print Screen and Email

brinaf
08-23-2006, 06:46 PM
Hi everyone!

I run a store that sells custom ceramics. I would like to give the user the ability to see the ceramic product and then place the designs available to them over the product image. I am using a drag and drop script I found and it is awesome:
http://dev.weddingshowergifts.com/dhtml/

Once the user creates the image they like, is there any way you can think of to a) save the finished image with the layers in place b) print the finished image and/or c) email me or upload the image?

Thanks

jscheuer1
08-24-2006, 05:35 AM
a & c ) It probably could be arranged to have a list of values calculated and (if desired) displayed, once the image has been constructed to the user's satisfaction, so that these values could later be entered into a form which, when submitted would reconstruct the image.

Using formail or some other server-side mail script, these values could be emailed to both the client and to you. Javascript and an HTML mailto: could be used but, this is limited for users who do not have an email client properly configured for their browser.

b ) Printing could probably be done by printing the page but, it would require figuring out how to ensure that the way that the page looks, after being rearranged, is what gets printed.

Before going to any trouble working these things out though, I'd want to investigate if there were any server-side packages that would do this. If currently available, these could also probably make an actual image file of the user's chosen arrangement, save it to the server and email both you and the client the path and filename to the image file and/or make it immediately available for download.