PDA

View Full Version : "Tetris" alike game in DHTML

jalbam
08-22-2006, 04:11 PM
1) CODE TITLE: Tetrissimus

2) AUTHOR NAME/NOTES: Juan Alba Maldonado (me)

3) DESCRIPTION: Tetrissimus is an open source "Tetris" alike game totally written in DHTML (JavaScript, CSS and HTML) that uses keyboard. This cross-platform and cross-browser game was tested under BeOS, Linux, NetBSD, OpenBSD, FreeBSD, Windows and others.

4) URL TO CODE: http://tetrissimus.sourceforge.net

5) Online version: http://www.granvino.com/jam/stuff/juegos/tetrissimus/english/index.htm

Twey
08-22-2006, 05:37 PM
You do a lot of these, don't you? :)

Good work.

blm126
08-22-2006, 07:48 PM
Wow, How many more of these do you have? Just a suggestion but follow the guidelines and add [DHTML] to your posts title.

Twey
08-22-2006, 09:39 PM
Well, it does say "DHTML," so I guess it's not really a problem.

jalbam
08-23-2006, 08:47 AM
I have some little more these games and I will post on this forum.
Thanks foru your suggestion and for your comments :)

shachi
08-23-2006, 04:49 PM
Awesome games. May be you can write a tutorial for making games for beginners like me.:)

jalbam
08-23-2006, 05:36 PM
Hehehee thanks. But I think that I don't know enought yet to write a tutorial and I don't speak english very well :( Maybe in the future.
But now you can ask me any question that you have and if I know the answer I tell you :)

Twey
08-23-2006, 06:27 PM
shachi: You might be interested in following the development of my DHTML game kit (http://www.twey.co.uk/?q=gamekit). It's nowhere near done yet though.

shachi
08-23-2006, 07:03 PM
Oh thanks Twey. It seems awesome(you must be listed as one of the top 10 programmers.;)) But how do I download it?? I am also interested to know the core of this.

jalbam: You say "if I know the answer I tell you" if you know it?? Hey you are supposed to know everything regarding the game script, you made it. Anyways I'll contact you if I have any questions, Thanks.:D

Twey
08-23-2006, 07:09 PM
Oh thanks Twey. It seems awesome(you must be listed as one of the top 10 programmers.;))Pfft, hardly. :)
But how do I download it??The script file itself is at http://www.twey.co.uk/includes/game/Game.js. Look at the page to get an idea of how to implement it. I don't recommend you do so yet though -- it's still lower-level than I'd like, and there's a lot to be done -- including writing documentation. :)

shachi
08-23-2006, 07:15 PM
Twey: what is Pfft?? May be I can help you with the documentation(let me know how to use it first ;));

Twey
08-23-2006, 07:20 PM
Onomatopoeia, an expression of disbelief and/or sardonic humour. :)

There's no point creating documentation at this stage because it's in such an early stage of development that the whole thing could change before it's released. :)

shachi
08-23-2006, 07:21 PM
Umm... how do I attack then??

I so wish if I was such a good programmer like you or jscheuer1 or any other javascript experts here, unfortunately I am not.:(

And by the way what is the Oblong function that you have in almost all your codes?? What is Oblong??

blm126
08-23-2006, 07:35 PM
Twey: I will be watching the development of that closely. It looks very useful. However, from my quick look it appears to assume that an object must be a sprite. What if you can create the shape you want in pure HTML?

Twey
08-23-2006, 07:57 PM
However, from my quick look it appears to assume that an object must be a sprite. What if you can create the shape you want in pure HTML?You don't have to specify a image sprite. To use an HTML-based sprite, it's currently necessary to extend the Game.Object constructor. I do have plans to allow HTML-only Sprite objects at some point, and in fact to support a defined Sprite object in the first place.
What is Oblong??WordNet:
n : a plane figure that deviates from a square or circle due to
elongationThe square form in this case, obviously.

mburt
08-23-2006, 08:18 PM
Oh thanks Twey. It seems awesome(you must be listed as one of the top 10 programmers.)

Yes, Twey is amazing.

My uncle programs as a proffesion, and he teaches me stuff :)

Twey
08-23-2006, 08:35 PM
I've really got into ECMAScript and its implementations recently. It's an interesting language. At some point I'll get the wxWidgets bindings sorted for it. :p

mburt
08-23-2006, 08:41 PM
ECMAscript? Never heard of it :)

blm126
08-23-2006, 09:29 PM
ECMAscript.aka javascript,livescript(actionscript?)
Now wait a second, you are trying to make wxWidget bindings for javascript?

Twey
08-23-2006, 09:48 PM
Now wait a second, you are trying to make wxWidget bindings for javascript?Lol no, I'm not that good :p
They already exist, I've just never got around to installing them :) wxWidgets provides abstractions of sockets and filesystems as well GUI widgets, so I presume it should be possible to create entire desktop applications in ECMAScript, which should be a laugh. I'll try it and see, I guess :)

blm126
08-24-2006, 01:23 AM
Lol no, I'm not that good :p
They already exist, I've just never got around to installing them :) wxWidgets provides abstractions of sockets and filesystems as well GUI widgets, so I presume it should be possible to create entire desktop applications in ECMAScript, which should be a laugh. I'll try it and see, I guess :)
Really *runs off to google*
Edit: I found it (http://users.skynet.be/saw/wxJS/about.html). Now to install.

shachi
08-24-2006, 03:35 PM
mburt: that's really cool that you get taught by someone.:)

blm126,Twey: what is this wxWidget??

Twey
08-24-2006, 03:49 PM
wxWidgets is a platform-independant toolkit for developing applications. It primarily provides basic GUI components like buttons, textboxes, scrollbars, and the like (known as "widgets"), but also provides basic abstractions of the filesystem and sockets.

jalbam
08-28-2006, 09:33 AM
now you can download directly

jalbam
09-01-2006, 02:23 PM
You can play game online at http://www.granvino.com/jam/stuff/juegos/tetrissimus/english/index.htm