PDA

View Full Version : Image w/ description tooltip All

web777
01-04-2005, 07:37 AM
Image w/ description tooltip All
http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex4/imagetooltip.htm

:confused:

Need help with following script ->
my images doesnot show up like sticky´s but opens up a new window.
What is wrong?

Confused...
1) should I have the html. and the images in the same folder?
2) where do I change and add images in the script?

ex1->

<a href="#" onmouseover="doTooltip(event,1)" onmouseout="hideTip()">Link 1</a>

should it be:
<a href="/images/myimage.jpg" onmouseover="doTooltip(event,1)" onmouseout="hideTip()">Link 1</a>

And should that go with following code ->

messages[1] = new Array('red_balloon.gif','Here is a red balloon on a white background',"#FFFFFF");

-------->

Need help to understand in wich direction to move my brain... :eek:

Minos
01-04-2005, 09:19 AM
First, you can have the images anywhere you like, you'll just have to specify that in the code.

Second, this:
<a href="#" onmouseover="doTooltip(event,1)" onmouseout="hideTip()">Link 1</a>

Should not change. In the part "doTooltip(event,1)", the number one tells it to look for messages[1]. Had that been a 2, it would look for messages[2], and so on and so forth.

So, to add your images (which is obviously the thing that would make sense) you change this:
messages[1] = new Array('red_balloon.gif','Here is a red balloon on a white background',"#FFFFFF");

To:
messages[1] = new Array('./myImage1.jpg','This Is My First Image',"#FFFFFF");
messages[2] = new Array('./Images/myImage2.jpg','This is My Second Image',"#FFFFFF");

Get it? Now, notice how I put ./ in front of my image names? This basically starts it in the same folder as my html file. So if my HTML file is in D:\Web, so is image1. And that puts image2 in D:\Web\Images

Make any sense? If you need me to clear anything up, just ask.

web777
01-04-2005, 08:11 PM
1).<a href="#" onmouseover="doTooltip(event,1)" onmouseout="hideTip()">Link 1</a>

I have tried this one both with "#" and with "/images/myimage.jpg" - NO luck!

2).messages[1] = new Array('./myImage1.jpg','This Is My First Image',"#FFFFFF");

I have tried this one with both your way and just:
messages[1] = new Array('image1.jpg' ) -> NO luck!

3) I have checked the code a "million of times" ??? The script is as it should be before </head> , the link is where the Link 1 is and the last...
<!-- start image mouse II-->
<div id="tipDiv" style="position:absolute; visibility:hidden; z-index:100"></div>
<!-- end image mouse II-->
</body>

is where it should be.

4) I have also tried combinations of where I have my images in FTP and my html... same folder, image folder ( then I wrote than the path /image...)

I dont get it . Does not function for me, do you mind to try help me again.

Thanks in advance for help already given.

:eek: