PDA

View Full Version : Preload Image (with progress bar) Script

cjmagowan
08-18-2006, 07:46 AM
1) Script Title: Preload Image (with progress bar) Script

2) Script URL (on DD): http://dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex4/preloadimage.htm

3) Describe problem:

I tried using the script from the above address. with some modification on the html side elements. I also add an image (something like a logo) in replace of the phrase "Please be patient while some images are being preloaded...". it works OK in firefox but when i tried to load the site in IE, it stops working and never redirect to my main page. i hope someone could guide me with this or give me a correct guidelines about this script.

jscheuer1
08-18-2006, 09:10 AM
Usually, when that happens, it means that one or more of the images that you are trying to preload is missing. FF will just skip any like that, while IE will get hung up looking for it/them. This can also happen if you have a typo in your list of preload images or an incomplete entry.

If you don't have too many images in the preload array, just put each one's address into the address bar one at a time and hit enter each time. The one(s) that is/are missing will give a 'file not found error'. If you have a ton of preloads, give me a link to the page, as I recall, there is a hook for this script that allows you to pull out the the missing image(s) and/or typo(s).