PDA

View Full Version : Top Navigational Bar III for Typepad page

rose_lady
12-29-2004, 10:44 PM
Top Navigational Bar III
http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex1/topmen3/index.htm

I am trying to install this into my Typepad (pro account) page.
I have downloaded the zip file and inserted the code into the template as instructed in the readme.txt. However, I don't understand what this means:

"Finally, upload all the .js files contained inside this zip into your webpage directory where the menu resides in."

Where do I find this webpage directory?

cr3ative
12-30-2004, 09:15 AM
Pro

TypePad Pro is the option for experts. In addition to being able to edit the HTML of your weblog, you can create an unlimited number of weblogs, invite other authors to contribute to your site, archive your entries in multiple formats, and control your weblogs and photo albums down to the letter. Pro is the right choice for group weblogs or advanced users who have experience in weblogs and web technology.

Uhm. As well as being able to access the HTML code, you also need to be able to upload files to the folder your work is saved in (your website root).

As I don't have an account, I can't help further than to say that.

cr3ative

ptrivilino
12-30-2004, 06:11 PM
rose_lady : The webpage directory is the location of your web site on your host's server. It is the folder you upload your files to on your host's server when you make your Web site public.

In regards to the error message you receive when trying to open the "custom.js" file, it sound like you may be double clicking on the file to open it. What you need to do is use a text editing program like Note Pad on a PC or Simple Text on a Mac to open the file. DO NOT USE WORD! Once you open the file, save it as a new file, changing the name slightly (custom1.js), so you have a back-up of the original file. Be sure to keep the ".js" extension when you rename. You will need to change the name of the link in your HTML file to match the name of your new script file.

Paul

rose_lady
01-05-2005, 01:23 AM
Paul, that helps thanks! I was able to open the custom.js file in Notepad.

Now I can't figure out how to customize the text on the bar. Is there a tutorial somewhere for newbies? :confused:

rose_lady
01-05-2005, 01:26 AM
Disregard the last post....I found the script help section. Thanks again!