PDA

View Full Version : Help with targetdestination var

jclements
09-15-2004, 07:49 AM
Hi,
I am adding the AnimationIntro to my site. See http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex3/dhtmlsplash.htm.
I am using frames, with the above effect operating in the main 'content' frame as a pseudo flash intro.

I have 2 questions:

1) I cannot seem to set the targetdestination page in the var. :mad: I want the intro to finish and then 'load' the main home page into the frame. The script I have tried is simply: var targetdestination='Content_home.htm'. This page is located in the same folder as the rest of the site files. The preview (IN FP2000 and IE) returns the standard 'This page cannot be displayed' . So, what am I doing wrong?? The var works fine with external urls.

2) How do i reposition the layer/area where the intro text is displayed. I want to shift it up the page, rather than being centred as it is by default.

Thanks in advance, :)

J Clements.

ddadmin
09-15-2004, 09:46 PM
To answer your questions:

1) Hmmm if all the files are in the same directory, simply specifying 'Content_home.htm' should work. Without knowing more about the structure of your directories, however, it's hard to say.

2) The code below within function "displaysplash()" controls the vertical position of the messages (default: centered):

sc_cross.style.top=ns6?parseInt(window.pageYOffset)+parseInt(window.innerHeight)/2-sc_cross.offsetHeight/2 : document.body.scrollTop+document.body.clientHeight/2-sc_cross.offsetHeight/2

To move it up then, you can modify it to something like:

sc_cross.style.top=ns6?parseInt(window.pageYOffset)+40 : document.body.scrollTop+40

Change 40 to a larger or smaller number to increase/decrease the offset.