PDA

View Full Version : Tab Content Script and Images

PBCF.Zero
08-06-2006, 10:23 PM
1) Script Title: Tab Content Script

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex17/tabcontent.htm

3) Describe problem:

Hi - sorry to trouble everyone here, but I am having a slight problem getting parts of this script to work correctly in IE. In Firefox, everything works perfectly, but in IE, and images in the content part do not appear, not even the red X. As soon as I click the tab name, the pictures are downloaded, and also the CSS is downloaded then also.

Can anyone suggest how I can ensure images load properly in the content div? Ive spent hours trying...

Thanks in advance. (www.pottersbarforum.org)

jscheuer1
08-07-2006, 03:32 AM
I don't see it. It appears to be fine in IE and and FF (both the latest editions on the PC/Win platform). Have you fixed the problem or are you experiencing this with a different browser and/or platform?

PBCF.Zero
08-07-2006, 08:53 AM
I have had the problem in IE7 beta 3, not sure about other versions. Again, its fine in Firefox. Below is an illustration of my problem:-
http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/7320/problemvb2.jpg

jscheuer1
08-07-2006, 10:12 AM
Once IE 7 is out in full release, there will probably be a number of these sorts of problems left but, probably not as many. If you have done anything that is, or have inherited any scripts or styles that are IE 6 specific, these may be causing problems in IE 7 which is more standards compliant than IE 6. Your page looks fine in IE 6. Unless you have something turned off in IE 7, this is probably the cause. There probably is a work around but, I consider it pointless to look into this for a beta browser. If problems persist in the full release, I will most likely be on the front lines figuring out how to deal with them.

PBCF.Zero
08-07-2006, 10:25 AM
Ok thanks for the reply. I understand that it is pointless to correct this or try to in a beta browser that could change.

(This wouldn't be an issue with the javascript loading before the content has downloaded would it?)