PDA

View Full Version : Newbie needs help

connie rose
08-04-2006, 07:29 PM
Hello

I'm glad I found this website and forum. However, I've tried to use some of the sites for fading-type slideshows and they don't work. (I'm talking for a "me" page for ebay. Yes, I'm an ebay addict! I'm on Macs: a G4 and G5 tower and MacBookPro Intel G5. Is there script for me or am I out of luck? I really would like to be able to use the scripts. Thanks,

Connie

Twey
08-04-2006, 08:32 PM
I'm afraid you're rather out of luck -- eBay doesn't allow Javascript in its profiles.

connie rose
08-04-2006, 10:18 PM
This was for the "me" page and I've seen other people do it to their "me" pages so how do they do it? Thanks for the reply also. Oh, and does it work with Macs? It certainly doesn't seem to work for me.
Connie

Twey
08-04-2006, 10:49 PM
It's probably Flash.
Oh, and does it work with Macs? It certainly doesn't seem to work for me.Does what work on Macs? Javascript? eBay? The operating system and hardware are far less a question here than the browser.

connie rose
08-04-2006, 10:51 PM
Thanks Twey,
I use Camino mostly and then Safari. I'll try it on Safari and see what happens. Connie

connie rose
08-07-2006, 01:25 AM
Well, I figured out how to get the slide show to work, but I'm having a bit of trouble with photo/image sizes. The script calls for 97x100 sizes. I tripled that size but the photos/images still look a bit out of proportion. When I edit my photos I size them proportionately at 450 x XXX or 500 x XXX - in PhotoShop. How would I resize them in the Ultimate Fade In Slide Show (v.1.5)? Does anyone know? Thanks for any help and information.
Connie

connie rose
08-07-2006, 03:07 PM
Forget it. I figured it out myself after much playing around.
Connie