PDA

View Full Version : [DHTML] DHTML popup

ilyalyu
08-04-2006, 06:37 AM
1) CODE TITLE: DHTML Popup Window

2) AUTHOR NAME/NOTES: Ilya S. Lyubinskiy

3) DESCRIPTION: This is a DHTML replacement for popup windows created with window.open() JavaScript function. DHTML popup window has the following advantages over the standard popups: it has fully customizable design; it will not be blocked by popup blocking software; unlike standard popups, it will not be sent to back when you click on the main window. You have many options to position DHTML popup window: relative to the browser window, relative to the mouse pointer, relative to an HTML element, or you can keep its current position. Also, you can move and close DHTML popup window just the same way as a window in a Windows application.

4) URL TO CODE: http://www.php-development.ru/javascripts/popup.php

or, ATTACHED BELOW (see #3 in guidelines below):

Twey
08-04-2006, 04:10 PM
It is a good idea, but there's already a DHTML Window script here on DD. If you added a couple more features (off the top of my head: resizing; minimising/maximising/shading; a "taskbar") I think you'd have a good chance of getting it in.

Note that I'm not affiliated with DD in any way, and this is entirely my own opinion. :)

ddadmin
08-06-2006, 03:27 PM
It is a good idea, and I've been on the lookout for another DHTML window type script to include on DD. This particular is a little too limited in its features though (ie: lack of ability to resize window etc).