View Full Version : Overlapping Tabs with Tabbed Doc Viewer

mastasnypa
08-04-2006, 01:30 AM
1) Script Title:
Tabbed Document Viewer
2) Script URL (on DD):
http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex3/tabdocviewer.htm
3) Describe problem:
The issue I am having is that the amount of tabs and the size of the headings are quite large and therefore wrap to a new row of tabs on the page (this also happens to lower resolution browsers). I don't mind that they wrap, but when they do they overlap and obscure whatever text is behind them. I was wondering if there is a setting somewhere that I can change that will make it so that the tabs no longer overlap. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

boogyman
08-04-2006, 01:54 AM
You can change the size of the text to be smaller and you can also change the padding to be smaller.. that will help the tabs not wrap onto a new line

mastasnypa
08-04-2006, 03:16 AM
I do not mind the wrapping at all. Actually I know that in order for there to be no wrapping the text would have to be unreadably small (and the padding is already really small). So thank you for your reply, but unfortunately I need a different solution.

gwillacres
01-03-2008, 07:37 PM
I've been working on that issue as well as having the tabs overlap in browsers other than IE. Allowing for the narrower default page widths, I try to build my pages, for the most part, so that they don't adjust to the size of the browser window. I am not implementing this yet in my site, but I have found that you can set up a table and drag and drop the tabs into separate cells if you are using a wysiwyg site builder. At least it works in the software I am using. The links still work fine and the tabs stay in place. If you are good at HTML, it may be a snap to do as well.