PDA

View Full Version : Help! I Can't Align Ultimate Fade-In Slideshow Script 100%

jasthabass
08-01-2006, 07:52 AM
1) Script Title: Ultimate Fade-in slideshow (v1.5)

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex14/fadeinslideshow.htm

3) Describe problem:
I'm just adding the slideshow to my website and im having trouble aligning it. I can get left, right and center align fine, but i want to use something for example like hspace="10" vspace="10" so i can get it in exactly the right position.

Can anyone help me align this java script properly?

thanks, Jason

jscheuer1
08-01-2006, 08:39 AM
hspace and vspace are pretty non-standard. At least they really don't come up much in the tons of designs I see on a regular basis. What I think you might want to try is css (style) padding and/or margin. With the u-fade script, I've found in the past that certain layout objectives could most easily be achieved by editing the script to use tables instead of divisions for some of its generated output. It really depends upon what you are trying to do. Without a clearer explanation of what you want exactly and a link to your live page that you are working on, it would be difficult to be specific.

jasthabass
08-01-2006, 09:25 AM
Hi John,

Thanks for the quick reply.
The link is www.geckomarketing.com.au/index1.html

I just wanted to overlay the image slideshow over the purple background.

The site has tables, just 2 columns the slideshow is hard up against the left hand side of the right hand column.

Believe it or not its a website aimed at selling websites, just basic template based sites to tradesmen & small business as that is all my abilities will allow me to do so far!

Thanks

Jason

jscheuer1
08-01-2006, 04:39 PM
Looks like the table idea I mentioned could work for you. See this post:

http://www.dynamicdrive.com/forums/showpost.php?p=25959&postcount=14

To the td used in that updated function you might want to add:

<td align="center" valign="middle">

Notes: Several of your images are not on the server. The image of the fellow painting on a ladder is off center even when viewed by itself.

jasthabass
08-02-2006, 02:27 AM
Thanks again John,

Yeah im editing the text jpg's that will fade in and out between the images, which is why they are not up, & the painter is supposed to look a little "candid".

I had a go at the code you pointed me to but couldnt seem to get it to work.

So i put the body script code inside a <div> tag & used margins like you mentioned in your first post & it worked a treat.

Heres an example for anyone else who is guessing their way through html & needs to align their fade in/out image slideshow.

<div align="right" style="margin-top:121px" style="margin-right:80px">
<script type="text/javascript">
//new fadeshow(IMAGES_ARRAY_NAME, slideshow_width, slideshow_height, borderwidth, delay, pause (0=no, 1=yes), optionalRandomOrder)
new fadeshow(fadeimages, 290, 350, 0, 3000, 0)

</script>
</div>

Thanks again for your help John

Regards, Jason

jasthabass
08-07-2006, 05:29 AM
Hi,

As i mentioned in the forum previously in regards to the fading slideshow the <div> tag worked great, although a couple of my friends use mac's and the margin-right function was not picked up by their machine/browser.

It seems to work fine in explorer and firefox but not in mac.

Do you know if there is a way to edit this part of the code in the head so it uses a transparent buffer image to offset the slideshow?
------------------
var fadeimages=new Array()
fadeimages[0]=["images/g1.jpg", "", ""]
------------------

the ways i have tried have not worked so far but i imagined that the code would look something like this...

------------------

fadeimages[0]=["images/g1.jpg", "", ""];["images/buffer.gif"] //plain image syntax

------------------

the part i have added is the red. the buffer image would be the size of the offset needed.

The link to my site if you want to have a look is http://www.geckomarketing.com.au

Any help in regards to this issue would be greatly appreciated.

kind regards,
Jason

jscheuer1
08-07-2006, 05:56 AM
You've pretty much lost me but, I can tell you that the image array isn't for that and that the script would need to be pretty radically altered to use it in that fashion.

The layout of slideshow can be most easily influenced at three points, depending upon just how deep into the layout structure you need to get and what you need to do when you get there. The easiest is from outside the script. If you have a container around the slide show call, ex:

<div id="slideOne">
<script type="text/javascript">
new fadeshow(fadimages, 140, 225, etc . . .
</script>
</div>

You could, for example, influence the positions of things inside the slide show with a style rule (or rules) in the head of the page:

<style type="text/css">
#slideOne div {
position:relative;
left:10px;
}
</style>

should push all images in the slide show 10px to the right.