PDA

View Full Version : Eric's Popup window Generator

Girard Ibanez
07-31-2006, 01:11 AM
Need assistance in making Eric's popup window close.

Popup window is open by clicking on an image. I want to close the image by clicking anywhere on the popup window verse the "X" button.

Thanks.

jscheuer1
07-31-2006, 06:33 AM
For that, you will need to have a page in the pop up with a script like so:

<script type="text/javascript">
onclick=function(){self.close();};
</script>

This page can be generated along with the pop up but, that's a little complicated. Is this the pop up generator here at DD, the 'wizard'?

Girard Ibanez
07-31-2006, 07:28 PM
Don't mean to do a duplicate ... read the sticky abit late and now have it posted on the correct forum. sorry admin ..

John,

Yes that is the wizard program ...

But from what I understand, any pop up that is activated from a JS can also be closed. Since the popup is not an .html page, I canot put a script on it.

The script you mention I have used for other pages and works.

thanks.

jscheuer1
07-31-2006, 08:51 PM
Yeah, but you can generate a page along with the pop up and put your image and the script on that page. However, the coding must be tailored somewhat to the image at hand, its dimensions (which can be passes as arguments to the pop up function) - and tailored to the particular type of pop up you've chosen to generate using the wizard. The easiest way for me to work this out for you would be to see your page with the pop up(s) on it.

Please post a link to the page on your site that contains the problematic script so we can check it out.

jscheuer1
07-31-2006, 09:49 PM
Found your other thread, see:

http://www.dynamicdrive.com/forums/showpost.php?p=46020&postcount=9

Girard Ibanez
07-31-2006, 11:38 PM
Thanks John for the script ... it worked.

Girard