View Full Version : Access Denied Problem
07-28-2006, 07:06 AM
I am using an application in C#.net that reserves a computer. When one of my colleague tried to reserve a system he got the error:
Access to the path:"C\Inetpub\wwroot\xxxx\xxxxWonderwareLogFile.txt" is denied.
He is having IIS installed on his machine. So the application is looking for the local path. Is there any solution for this. Please let me know. It is urgent. Please give me a quick reply. Thanks in advance.
08-02-2006, 12:17 PM
Plz try to give Modify permission for the Internet Guest Account user the one that starts with IUSR_ for the folder in which the file resides.
Hope this will help to solve the problem
08-08-2006, 06:11 AM
Thank you for giving me the reply. Even after trying it the problem couldn't be solved. May be I did a wrong in giving the permissions. I am new to development.So can you please describe me in detail about the solution.
Can you please tell me why it is happening?
08-08-2006, 10:24 AM
Can you plz explain your problem a bit more elaborately. I think i haven't got the real picture.
You mentioned that you have a C#.Net application, does this application based on web server and ASP.NET?
I am expecting your account about the application soon. Then we shall try to solve it
08-08-2006, 11:00 AM
Yes my application deals with ASP.NET and web server. The application is placed in a seperate server in which all the users using this application are directed to the same server.And only this person is getting the error.
Does giving Modify permission in the IUSR should be done in the system used by the user or int he server in which the application resides.
Please give me fast reply.
Thanks in advance.
08-09-2006, 04:06 AM
Giving permission to IUSR must be done in the machine where your ASP.NET runs.
Let me try to explain this with an example
Computer A is the one with your ASP.NET application and person will try to access computer A through their web browser.
Once the clients enter http://computer A/asp.net it will make a http request to the computer A on port 80 (Default settings) and the IIS/Web server listens on that port will handle the request accordingly.
If your client has installed IIS on his machine it won't create any problem for accessing an ASP.NET application that runs on another machine.
About giving modify permission to the IUSR user account:
1. In the server machine where your ASP.NET application runs open the folder in which you've stored the ASP.NET application.
2. Right click and select Properties
3. Click on Security tab where you can view some group names/user names along with some checkboxes.
4. Check whether there is any thing that starts with IUSR
5. If the above mentioned user is listed there then check whether it has Modify permission. If it doesn't have that give it, restart IIS and check your reservation thing from your client's machine.
6. If there is no IUSR listed there then you must add it by clicking Add button
7. After you will get another dialog box then click Advanced button it will show another dialog.
8. Click on Find Now button which will show you a list of users and groups select only the one starts with IUSR and click ok after adding this give modify permission to that user
Please refer the above one i don't know whether it will be any use for you but it is a good one refering the problem
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.1 Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.