PDA

View Full Version : CSS Dreamweaver entry problem

4fit?
07-26-2006, 03:44 PM
I'm very new to the whole HTML and CSS thing and am teaching myself as I go. I have noticed in some tuts that it says that, when entering CSS code, the auto code popup thing (can't recall what it's actually called) is supposed to popup just like it does when entering HTML. However, this is not the case when I am entering the CSS. Is there a setting that I am not aware of to allow this?
Any help you could provide would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance.

pkcidstudio
07-26-2006, 04:07 PM
make sure you are setting it up correctly and not just wissywiggin it around. for css make sure you set it up something like this,
.body{ <!--then return-->
<!--pop up will pop up-->
}
this is only one example css ahs many formats.

4fit?
07-26-2006, 04:14 PM
That's the way I'm doing it. Here is an example of a piece of my CSS. The popup did not appear at all during this and my total CSS is 157 lines long.:eek: Don't know why the indenting looks screwy below, but.....

#tabs{
text-align: center;
padding:0;
margin-left:0;
font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
font-size:12px;
color:#FFF;
font-weight:bold;
}

pkcidstudio
07-26-2006, 04:26 PM
this is in the preference section. hope it helps. image attached. besides this sorry hope it helps. if at first when i am typeing code and need the helper and it doesnt pop up i try to delet white space and start with over and it usually pops up.
kelly-

4fit?
07-26-2006, 05:15 PM
hhmmmm.....
Looked at my preferences and they are the same as yours with a MAJOR exception. I don't have CSS Property Names (or Code Hint Tools for that matter) listed in the menus field. I also can't find where to add it. Any ideas?? Thanks for your help this far.

4fit?
07-26-2006, 05:20 PM
Think I found the problem. Looks like the popup lists for CSS were new in MX2004. I'm running MX6.0, I believe. Looks like that's the problem. Wonder if I can add it on using the menus preference. Anyone know??

pkcidstudio
07-26-2006, 05:20 PM
which dreamweaver are you running?

4fit?
07-26-2006, 05:23 PM
which dreamweaver are you running?
See above post.;) MX 6.0.