PDA

View Full Version : JavaScript Mouse Wheel coding

shachi
07-25-2006, 04:00 PM
Hey guyz some time ago I remember someone posted a thread related to this and he even succeded to make something like this but according to him, it didn't work in his browser but now the same implementation has been made 'Cross Browser'. What I am talking about is javascript mouse wheel control. I got inspired to post this link because someone had asked this question and *has* been trying to achive this same thing for long. His post can be seen at http://www.dynamicdrive.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6966. So here is the link:

http://adomas.org/javascript-mouse-wheel/

Source: http://ajaxian.com/
Keep checkin for more cool stuffs.:)

Have fun guyz.:)

jr_yeo
07-25-2006, 04:06 PM
bookmarked it :p tnx :D

Twey
07-25-2006, 04:17 PM
Lol, unhelpful title... :p

jscheuer1
07-25-2006, 05:34 PM
I've added my own title to see if that will help.

shachi,

You probably can edit your post to insert a more descriptive title, if you would be so kind.

shachi
07-25-2006, 06:32 PM
jscheuer1, Twey: Yea I know the title is kinda(Not actually kinda *IT IS WRONG* stupid me) wrong but that was all that came to my mind when I posted it. :D

But I can change it anyways(Well I at least hope I know how to). Thanks jscheuer1 for the title I might change it.:)

shachi
07-25-2006, 06:32 PM
Changed the title, edited a bit what do you think guyz??.:p

jr_yeo: You are welcome.

jscheuer1
07-26-2006, 03:24 AM
Great job! ;) And, I forgot to mention that I also bookmarked the link, never know when it might come in handy, thanx!

Um, your tag line . . . are you a Taoist? Cooking the country is like ruling a small fish; the less done, the better. :) or something like that.

Twey
07-26-2006, 07:47 AM
Cooking the country is like ruling a small fish; the less done, the better. :) or something like that.Rofl :)

But yes, well found :)

shachi
07-26-2006, 06:12 PM
Great job! ;) And, I forgot to mention that I also bookmarked the link, never know when it might come in handy, thanx!

You're welcome.:)

Um, your tag line . . . are you a Taoist? Cooking the country is like ruling a small fish; the less done, the better. :) or something like that.

I am sorry but I didn't get you.:confused:

jscheuer1
07-26-2006, 06:36 PM
Your tag line:

Those who do don't say, those who say don't do!! -- Lao Tzu

Lao Tzu is considered, at least in the west, as the 'father' of Taoism. I wondered if you considered yourself a Taoist. I then went on to try making a sort of Taoist joke. "Upon first encountering the Tao a person's reaction is often laughter." The aphorism I used was slightly altered (for humorous effect), the original went more like so:

"Ruling the country is like cooking a small fish; the less done, the better."

This would, by the way, seem to make old Lao Tzu a sort of Regan Republican but, Taoist philosophy also includes something like:

"He rules best by emptying minds and stuffing bellies."

Somewhat of a New Deal or Great Society approach.

I've always liked this one:

"When the work gets done without unnecessary words, the people say, 'We did it!'"

shachi
07-27-2006, 11:39 AM
No, I am not a Taoist but that was all what I could think about on the day I placed that signature. I think I will change it.

By the way my post got moved again?? I did not post this to ask about some javascript problem but to help people about javascript mouse wheel control.

If I did some mistake then please excuse me.

jscheuer1
07-27-2006, 06:10 PM
Although this thread has evolved into a bona fide 'other' category, it was at first a prime candidate for the javascript forum. To post there, you need not pose a question, though most folks do. There have been, over the history of these forums, a small number of FYI's on javascript posted in the javascript section. There is only one moderator here, ddadmin. If he thinks you have done something wrong, he will let you know. However, in this case, I think he just saw the title and the content of the initial post and thought, "I'll put this in the javascript forum."

shachi
07-27-2006, 07:14 PM
Umm.. yea that must be the case. By the way, jscheuer1 your username is quite hard to remember so can you please tell me it's meaning(so that it would help me remember the username)??

jscheuer1
07-27-2006, 07:49 PM
That'll be tough, the meaning helping you to remember it. It might help more if I told you how it came to be. It is my email prefix. The j is for John, my first name. The scheuer (pronounced shoyer) is my last name and the 1 is because I am the first to use it but my server requires numbers on all primary email addresses.

Now for the 'meaning' . . . John, I think he was a disciple in the Bible and as it comes from my father's side (mostly German) is from Johann I guess. The Scheuer is also from dad and means, in German, the one who tends to the barn.

Twey
07-27-2006, 07:50 PM
John: "God is gracious," "God is merciful"
Scheuer: a German Place name for the man who lived near the tithe-barn, or an Occupational name for the official who was responsible for collecting the tithes of the farmers, derived from Middle High German schiur (barn, granary). The Scheuer family crest (http://www.houseofnames.com/xq/asp.fc/qx/scheuer-family-crest.htm).
One:
One \One\, n.

1. A single unit; as, one is the base of all numbers.

2. A symbol representing a unit, as 1, or i.

3. A single person or thing.

"The shining ones." --Bunyan.

"Hence, with your little ones." --Shak.

He will hate the one, and love the other. --Matt. vi. 24.

That we may sit, one on thy right hand, and the
other on thy left hand, in thy glory. --Mark x. 37.
[1913 Webster]French un, Spanish uno, Japanese ichi (「いち」、「一」), German ein, Latin unus.

shachi
07-27-2006, 08:05 PM
jscheuer1: Yay for the first time I wrote it without looking at the posts.

Twey: I didn't know that I would get such a brief description.:p

Thanks jscheuer1 and Twey.;)

By the way how did you like my signature now??:p

Twey
07-27-2006, 08:09 PM
By the way how did you like my signature now??:pEr, frankly? Clichéd, sorry. :p
Twey: I didn't know that I would get such a brief description.:pHahaha :D

shachi
07-27-2006, 08:25 PM
Twey: yea I know but that's just a signature(it doesn't harm anybody does it??:p)

shachi
07-27-2006, 08:27 PM
By the way: I request ddadmin to move this post to the lounge(we can't discuss things like this in the javascript forum can we??)

jscheuer1
07-27-2006, 08:55 PM
Thanks for the mini genealogy/name origin report Twey!

The Scheuer family crest, now I guess I will have to have all those little alligators replaced.

jscheuer1
07-27-2006, 08:59 PM
I've always liked that (new) tag line. It may be cliché but, it's a good one.

Twey
07-27-2006, 11:02 PM
By the way: I request ddadmin to move this post to the lounge(we can't discuss things like this in the javascript forum can we??)Hm, I never bother requesting ddadmin to do anything on these forums. If he feels it needs to be done, I'm sure he'll do it.
Thanks for the mini genealogy/name origin report Twey!Heh... I was bored. :)
The Scheuer family crest, now I guess I will have to have all those little alligators replaced.An alligator collector, hm? My grandmother collected all sorts of carved animals... it was like walking into a wooden menagerie.

jscheuer1
07-28-2006, 03:59 AM
An alligator collector, hm? My grandmother collected all sorts of carved animals... it was like walking into a wooden menagerie.

I meant the Izod Lacoste alligators on my shirts but, I really don't have any, it was a joke. My grandfather had a thing for elephants and I don't think he was even a republican. Something about always having them face East, for good luck.

Twey
07-28-2006, 09:57 AM
Ah -- I see. They must be much bigger in America than here (Lacoste, not elephants): I'd never even heard of them!

P.S. Wikipedia says that's a crocadile too. :p

jr_yeo
07-28-2006, 11:41 AM
the word is crocodile not crocadile :p check wikipedia :p

shachi
07-28-2006, 11:44 AM
Can anyone please help me with this http://www.dynamicdrive.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11193??

jscheuer1
07-28-2006, 04:44 PM
So many things to comment on in this thread. Um, we have no native elephants here in the states. Our alligators and crocodiles (if we have either or both) are their usual size.

http://home.comcast.net/~jscheuer1/side/lacoste.jpg

Many people call them alligators and I am sad to discover that apparently, these are no longer made. One of my favorite cartoons of all time was, as these shirts were very popular among golfers, the image was of two alligators wearing polo shirts with little golfers on them.

I have also seen these shirts with crests on them. Hence, 'I will have to replace all those little alligators'.

Shachi, I tend to go with jr_yeo on the script from your other thread. Walter Zorn is the drag and drop/resize god. Why reinvent the wheel?

shachi
07-28-2006, 05:58 PM
Shachi, I tend to go with jr_yeo on the script from your other thread. Walter Zorn is the drag and drop/resize god. Why reinvent the wheel?

Simple, because I want to know how to make the wheel.;)

jr_yeo
07-28-2006, 06:08 PM
after having read/studied the Walter Zorn's drag and drop/resize script, still u can't figure out the solution to the problem? :p that's one complicated drag and drop/resize script :D he he :cool:

shachi
07-28-2006, 06:09 PM
No, I am not that good at javascript.:(

Because I am very bad at mathematics. :( :(

jr_yeo
07-28-2006, 06:11 PM
then like i said :p that particular script is very complicated :p

shachi
07-28-2006, 06:23 PM
Yep, it is. And I wish I was that genius to write some scripts like that.

Twey
07-28-2006, 06:29 PM
WZ's scripts do tend to be somewhat lengthy. With good cause, of course.
the word is crocodile not crocadile :p check wikipedia :pAck. I knew it, it just came out wrong when I typed it. :)
Um, we have no native elephants here in the states. Our alligators and crocodiles (if we have either or both) are their usual size.I believe you have both. Crocodiles live in the southern parts of Florida, while alligators can be found all over the south-east.
I have also seen these shirts with crests on them. Hence, 'I will have to replace all those little alligators'.I got it after I looked up Lacoste. :p I think I may have seen that cartoon too -- it seems to ring a bell.

shachi
07-28-2006, 07:11 PM
Twey, I didn't say that. It was jr_yeo. :p

jr_yeo
07-28-2006, 08:11 PM
Twey, I didn't say that. It was jr_yeo.
he he :p its ok shachi :D

shachi
07-29-2006, 09:50 AM

How do I make drop targets then(with the same script I included in the thread).