PDA

View Full Version : Switch Menu II: Different css styles for different pages?

gazanson
07-25-2006, 01:43 AM
1) Script Title:
Switch Menu II
2) Script URL (on DD):
http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamici...witchmenu2.htm

3) Describe problem:
I'd like to be able to use Switch menu II on account of its persistence feature but also be able to apply different css values to diifferent areas of the website to produce different menu colours. Same menu, but different colors depending where you are in the site. Is it possible to do this while retaining persistence?

Any thoughts much appreciated.

Gary

jscheuer1
07-25-2006, 04:22 AM
I don't see why not. As long as any required styles (particulary the display property, perhaps others) are not lost or overridden in the process, any style could be applied to any individual page. As long as the structure of the markup remains the same, the style can be whatever you like. You could even change the content but that could be confusing to users if it was changed beyond recognition.

Colors and fonts should be fine to be changed and dimensions (as long as they don't result in a menu that simply doesn't layout well) should be fair game too.

gazanson
07-25-2006, 05:01 AM
Thanks for the response John. I guess we're saying that the persistence or menu 'recall' for the expanded state is handled by the .js file so as long as that stays intact, there shouldn't be any issues. Nothing like a 'second opinion'. And nothing like trying it out to see. Gary