PDA

View Full Version : Slashdot Menu Questions

afraydocurado
07-24-2006, 09:14 PM
Script: Slashdot Menu
http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex1/slashdot.htm

I would like to customize the text and links in the menu but I can't seem to find any of those fields in the included .js file. If you can't tell already, I'm a complete noob to scripts so if anyone could please give me guildelines as too what I have to do to customize the links and displayed text I would GREATLY appreciate it.

ddadmin
07-25-2006, 12:42 AM
Hi:
The links exist merely as regular HTML. Look at the source code inside the .html file included in the zip for this.

afraydocurado
07-25-2006, 06:11 PM
I can't believe the thought of looking at the HTML never crossed my mind.

I really appreciate your help!

EDIT:

How would I make it so one of the buttons does not drop done. Lik For the very first column "Online Tools" I don't want it to drop down, but I would like the next one to drop done. I tried to deleet al the links but leave the <a></a> part but then the button still drops down. And if I delete the <a></a> then if you click on button 1, then button 2 drops down, and clicking button 2 makes button 3 drop down.

Again any help will be greatly appreciated.

ddadmin
07-25-2006, 08:31 PM
Hmm there's no easy way to have a particular menu item contracted (while the rest aren't) by default. The script was just updated yesterday to support the contracting of all the menu items by default. Perhaps the next update :)

afraydocurado
07-25-2006, 08:45 PM
I'll be anxiously waiting for the update.