PDA

View Full Version : Chrome CSS Menu Script

BLiZZaRD
07-23-2006, 11:11 AM
1) Script Title: Chrome CSS Menu

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex1/chrome/index.htm

3) Describe problem:
This menu is almost exactly what I want. However I wonder...

in the <body> I have to list every link and href and all that. Since this menu will be the same on every page it appears on, so I wonder the buttons themselves.. or the top layer links (home, recourses, etc) link to demo.htm# is there a way to make it go to page_you_are_on.php# ??

Also, I need a pretty small and clean source code, is there a way to put the links and <ul> stuff inside the .js or another file and call it like I do the css and the .js pages, instead of having to put it all in the body of each page?

Thanks for any help.

kvdk
07-23-2006, 11:18 AM
if you can use php on your site you could put the contents of the menu in another page and include the menu throu a php include
also of you can use php you can make a <link to page you are on> but of you cantthere is always more to try :D becouse there is a posebility somewhere in js to het the current page (try to google for it)i hope this helps a bit :D

BLiZZaRD
07-23-2006, 12:46 PM
Thanks for that, the include is something I already thought of, but it doesn't help, as all the codes are still shown in the source code after it is all included.

I don't want all that in the source code... if possible... too much going on in there.

I know it is a silly request, and I may just have to deal with it... just hoping not, LOL