PDA

View Full Version : Popup Box II... want it to take a JSP page

mschat
07-14-2006, 10:25 PM
1) Script Title: Popup Box II

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex11/abox2.htm

3) Describe problem: Is there a way to insert a JSP page inside this popup? Currently this code in the above URL only takes in HTML code. I want it to display a JSP page.

Thanks
-mschat

jscheuer1
07-14-2006, 10:42 PM
I don't know much about jsp but, if it is anything like asp and php, can't you just put an include in place of the HTML?

mschat
07-14-2006, 10:58 PM
the exact code location which takes in the HTML text in the popup.js is:

line 207: content.innerHTML=text;

So even if I give a JSP file include in the popUp() funtion...it will convert it to plain text and/or throw an error. The final output of the page is a .html page where as I want it to be a .jsp page. In other words the window which will 'popup' should be my .jsp page and not the original HTML.

Thanks
-mschat

jr_yeo
07-15-2006, 03:32 AM
could u post a link to ur problematic page? :D lets see if i could remember my JSP :D

jscheuer1
07-15-2006, 03:53 AM
the exact code location which takes in the HTML text in the popup.js is:

line 207: content.innerHTML=text;

So even if I give a JSP file include in the popUp() funtion...it will convert it to plain text and/or throw an error. The final output of the page is a .html page where as I want it to be a .jsp page. In other words the window which will 'popup' should be my .jsp page and not the original HTML.

Thanks
-mschat

Well, in asp and in php you can rename the file to:

popup.asp

or:

popup.php

Once you do that, you can use includes or whatever on it. It can still be linked to the page that uses it as a javascript file, in your case, the link would look like so:

<script type="text/javascript" src="popup.jsp">

I'm most familiar with asp. In that, most of the script would remain as is except that it could have:

<!--#include virtual="/includes/some.asp"-->

type things in it where desired, and even VBscript (the server side scripting language of choice in asp) within asp delimiters if desired.

mschat
07-15-2006, 08:43 PM
hmm... so I need to change the extension of my popup file in order to insert my jsp file....ok will try it out on monday and let u know if it worked ! :)
Thanks !
-mschat