PDA

View Full Version : Chrome Menu 2 and Mac IE5 and MAC Safari issues

DanUK
07-14-2006, 07:21 PM
1) Script Title: Chrome Menu 2.0

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex1/chrome/index.htm

3) Describe problem:

I've got the Chrome Menu working fine on PC based browsers e.g. IE5/6 and Firefox but I got one of my friends to look at it in IE5 and then Safari on his Mac, both revealing problems.

Mac IE5: No dropdowns displayed, only the menu titles

Mac Safari: Menu titles OK, dropdowns show but menu item text all grouped together with only spaces between them and the menu items are in default format e.g. blue/purple underlined links.

Is this normal or is it a bit flakey on Mac browsers?

Thanks

Dan

jscheuer1
07-16-2006, 05:30 AM
Although this script is not rated for Safari or IE Mac, the demo page here on DD works fine in Safari 1.3.2 but, not at all well in IE Mac. IE Mac is a legacy browser, no longer supported by either Apple or MicroSoft. It was a great browser for its time, ahead of its time in fact. But, it suffers from many deficiencies as regards style and javascript interpretation compared to today's modern browsers.

If your friend is having problems in Safari, it is probably either because your friend has an earlier version of Safari, or trouble due to your layout and/or modifications to the script.

DanUK
07-16-2006, 09:52 PM
Thanks for the response. I'll have a play with the original menu on the server to see how it fares in Safari and work out what I've changed....at least I know it's not my alterations that's rendered it useless in IE Mac.

Thanks again

Dan