PDA

View Full Version : AnyLink Drop Down Menu

TrueFangz
07-10-2006, 08:22 PM
1) Script Title: AnyLink Drop Down Menu

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex1/dropmenuindex.htm

3) Describe problem:

I would like some help with this. It works great, however I use frames, and I put the code on the top frame of the site, when you hover the links, the drop down menu display's upward instead of downward.

I am sure that it isn't displaying properly because it deosn't want to overlap the bottom frame. Is there any way that I can make it overlap?

The reason why I want the link bar on the top frame, is because I don't want it to scroll from the body of the main page (Bottom Frame)

I tried a few different scripts, such as a top link nav bar, that stay's on top of the window view at all times, but I didn't see much options for editing the appearance.

I tried IFrames as well, and those don't look or work very well.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I could make this possible?

Thanks in advance!

jscheuer1
07-11-2006, 06:40 AM
Not with that menu. I know it is more complicated but:

http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex1/hvmenu/index.htm

can drop over frames. Believe me, it is much less complicated than rewriting Anylink to do this.

TrueFangz
07-11-2006, 04:20 PM
Thank you for your suggestion! I gave it a look, and it seems do-able.

I am not too familiar with using javascripts though. Is it possible to use background images instead of plain colors for the menu?

I have a gradiant blue bar that I want to use. (Shown in the picture in first post.)
Is this possible with JavaScript?

Thank you again!!

jscheuer1
07-12-2006, 03:45 AM
The file, config.htm, that comes with the distribution .zip is a sort of manual. Near the bottom of that page is an outline of the menu tree and its options. One of the options is for BgImage. What goes there would be the path and filename of your background image for that menu item.

TrueFangz
07-12-2006, 03:50 AM
Cool, Thank you very much for your help, It looks like this is gonna do the trick!!

Very Greatful!