PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate Fade-In Slideshow (v1.5), auto resize to fit window?

rudi souza
07-07-2006, 01:06 PM
Hi
I was wondering if it would be too much of a trouble to add a code to ultimate fade in slideshow to automaticaly resize the image size to the browsers dimensions.

From what I been researching, it does sound like way too much work and complications, but I dont know, maybe someone have done it or have toughts on it.

Thanks

jscheuer1
07-08-2006, 08:07 AM
If you are talking about the presentation you had that I helped you with the preloading on, there are really other strategies that you should consider.

One is, when the user clicks on a link to a slideshow, load a new window of the desired size. This will not work for all browsers or all configurations of a given browser but, works well in most situations.

A second idea is even better in my view. Just have the slide show be on a page along with some text and perhaps a stationary image or two. Lay out the page so that it can look OK at various resolutions and window sizes with the obvious fact that, if the user cannot see the whole show, he/she will resize the browser window, if possible, to see it.

As odd as it may seem with todays large monitors, images wider than 750px and higher than 400px are not such a good idea.