PDA

View Full Version : Dynamic Pages

mojo_jojo
06-28-2006, 09:58 PM
Hi!
First, sorry my poor english. :)
Now, the problem. I'm using the Dynamic Ajax Content script (http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex17/ajaxcontent.htm). It's what i need to create my web page. I was looking for something like this script. I have a default ASP page with a dhtml menu and when a click in any option from that menu, i need to load another pages into a DIV. This script works fine if i use HTM pages to load. But if i try to load some pages with the <form></form> tag inside it fails. I'm using IE6SP2 on WinXP. It's something easy to fix or i really can't use the script with this tag? Thanks a lot.:o

Sebastian

djr33
06-29-2006, 08:22 PM
Do you need the script to be within the tag?

I'm sure it will work on a page that has a form on it, but I am not sure that it will work actually within that form element. I would think so, but maybe there's a way around putting it in the form.

mojo_jojo
06-29-2006, 08:25 PM
Hi, me again.
Looking the code closely, i find the problem. If we edit the file INDEX.HTM (from the example) and add the <form> tag inside the file and do the same action in some other inside the folder ajaxfiles (ajaxfiles/external2.htm), the page doesn't load the edited one. I don't know if this is an error. I'm really a newbie with ASP + HTML. If someone find a solution for my problem i will be a little more happy and my web page will look better. ;)
Thanks again.

Sebastian

Twey
06-29-2006, 08:49 PM
I think ASP replaces a simple HTML <form> tag with something a lot more complex. I'm not sure on the specifics, though. I would assume that that's the problem.

djr33
06-29-2006, 08:56 PM
solution=php :p
Sorry... unhelpful.

Can you link to your page for us?

rushtonj
07-09-2006, 10:17 PM
Okay, its late and im tired so i do apologise if i dont make a whole lot of sense.

From what i can make out you are reffering to a .master page (this can only be used in asp.net 2.0), where you click a URL and it opens the content elsewhere without changing the layout (close relation to an iFrame).

masterpage.master

<html>
<head runat="server">
<title>Untitled Page</title>
</head>
<body>
<form id="form1" runat="server">
<div>
<asp:contentplaceholder id="ContentPlaceHolder1" runat="server">
</asp:contentplaceholder>
</div>
</form>
</body>
</html>

This section of the code for the masterpage will allow you to easily maintain the content without destroying the theme/layout.

<asp:contentplaceholder id="ContentPlaceHolder1" runat="server">
</asp:contentplaceholder>

To change the content for each page all you have to do is apply this section of code to a blank document and edit between the asp command and the layout will not change.

default.aspx

<asp:Content ID="Content1" ContentPlaceHolderID="ContentPlaceHolder1" Runat="Server">
Page contact can be place here.
</asp:Content>

I hope this is what you are after, if not, again i apologise as im extremely tired.

Any questions on the other hand i have no problem answering, of course, i must be awake at the time.