PDA

View Full Version : New Mozilla Fireforx 1.0 browser

sdevlz
12-13-2004, 07:36 PM
Script: Iframe SSI script II
http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex17/iframessi2.htm

The ability of this script to dynamically resize the IFRAME in a manner that eliminates the appearance of scrollbars does not work with the new Mozilla Firefox 1.0 browser that has been recently released.

My question is ... Will this script be updated at some point to handle/deal with the Firefox 1.0 browser?

My hope is that modification(s) have already been made ... and ... I have not looked in the correct place to get the updates!

Thanks in advance for any insight that can be provided on this issue.

Note: You folks have provided this novice developer with a number a scripts for my (intranet) site. Given this fact I feel compelled to say thanks for providing such a great resource.

GavinPearce
12-14-2004, 11:34 AM
It still works, it resizes it to contain all the content, it just doesn't remove the scrollbar because of a little bit of white space at the end, whereas IE would ignore that. You could set the scrolling to no in the page or CSS and it should fix it I think. Not sure though on that.

ddadmin
12-15-2004, 11:44 AM
Hi:
I noticed this problem in Firefox 1.0 the other day, though haven't had a chance to more closely examine the issue. All I can say now is that it's noted, and when I get the time, I'll see if there's anything that can be done. I just hope it's not a new security feature in FF 1.0 that disables iframe resizing in this manner.

sdevlz
12-18-2004, 09:46 PM
I'm surprised that you haven't completely tested and rewritten (as necessary) all the DD scripts to ensure Firefox compatibility ... JUST KIDDING ...

I've read that Firefox has made a bit of a dent in MS controlled browser world ... I hope Firefox continues to do well ...

Thanks for your response .... and ... Again ... my thanks for providing this resource.

GavinPearce
12-19-2004, 08:47 AM
I have to admit, as much as i love Firefox in it's entirety, on this 300mhz machine of mine, IE just runs so much faster.

cr3ative
12-19-2004, 10:12 AM
I agree, for older machines, IE can run faster as FireFox is a bit of a memory hog.

I've still got a 125mhz in the loft somewhere...

Merry Christmas
cr3ative

ddadmin
12-21-2004, 12:21 AM
Firefox seems to really slow down if you have multiple tabs open. Only logical I guess, but sometimes if I'm interested in just viewing one site, having to open a browser with 10 sites in it- and hence is slower- can be a bit frustrating.

Honestly I like IE6 just as much as Firefox. IE feels more together and faster, but Firefox obviously more secure and feature rich.