PDA

View Full Version : Flashing Links

demolitionlover
09-14-2004, 11:38 AM
I read your page on tags fro flashing links- either with the text itself flashing, or the background flashing. I'd like my links to flash only when the cursor is over the link. Can anyone help me with this?

ddadmin
09-15-2004, 10:10 PM
Hmmm unfortunately there's no easy way to do this with the script yet. However, if a mouseover link effect is what you're looking for, simply using the :hover pseudo class of CSS will do nicely. Insert the below CSS at the top of your page:

<style type="text/css">
a:hover{
color: red;
background-color: yellow;
}
</style>
for example.

demolitionlover
09-26-2004, 03:28 PM
Thankyou! I'll give it a go :) :p

demolitionlover
09-26-2004, 03:36 PM
Ohh, it works! However, it only changes some of the links. Some do as the code says, but for the others, the text just changes colour, and the background remains the same. Do you know why? Is it something to do with activated links, or visited links?

ddadmin
09-29-2004, 08:17 PM
There might be other CSS definitions for specific links on your page that's preventing the above effect from working on them. What's your page's URL?

deckerr
09-20-2007, 07:40 PM
I am also trying to use flashing links. But I am having no success. I am using Go Live. I pasted the code in the head section copied the lD ect into the code and no flash. Could someone help me out?

Thanks
Ralph

djr33
09-20-2007, 07:54 PM
You'd need to post a link to your page so we can see what's wrong. The script itself isn't the problem.

deckerr
09-21-2007, 02:39 PM
Here is a link to a test page I made on our site to test the flashing link script.

http://www.shamrockisd.net/FlashLinkTest.html