PDA

View Full Version : RSS Ticker (Ajax invocation)

mqcarpenter
06-14-2006, 04:55 PM
I like this script. It works well for what I need. Is there a modification to list more than one headline though? In some instances a "ticker" is not needed as much as a headline list. Along with that, I do not see an edit option to make links open in a new window. The XML tag <link> is not accepting the target="new" attribute. TIA

I am referring to:

http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex17/rsstickerajax/index.htm

ddadmin
06-15-2006, 06:59 AM
Regarding the first question, unfortunately no, as this is a ticker script after all. The next RSS based script I'll post most likely will be something more static, allowing you to display a few news at once, for example, and non changing.

You can make most basic changes to the way each RSS item is displayed by editting rssticker.js, specifically, the rotatemsg() function. In your case:

var linktitle='<div class="rsstitle"><a href="'+this.link[this.pointer]+'" target="_new">'+this.title[this.pointer]+'</a></div>'

should do it.

mqcarpenter
06-15-2006, 01:34 PM
Sheesh I am not sure how I missed that. I looked everywhere but the JS file. Thanks for that.

I understand on the ticker/static part. I was stretching it. Great script! Thank you!