PDA

View Full Version : Advanced RSS Ticker: Link in new page!

vas
06-06-2006, 07:11 AM
In Advanced RSS Ticker (Ajax invocation), i dont know where to modify the script to make the links open in a new window.

I have added "Advanced RSS ticker (Ajax Invocation) in my forum and other pages through overall header template.
www.starf1.com
www.starf1.com/forum

The problem is when you click the link in the RSS Ticker the present page gets replaced with new one which I dont want. I want the link when clicked to appear in a new page!

Can anybody help me please!

Also I am not sure what is difference between the Advanced RSS Ticker (Ajax invocation) and Pausing RSS scroller of Dynamic Drive. Camn anybody let me know please! It will be usefull in using these different scripts at proper places!

Thank You!

vas
06-07-2006, 04:22 AM
Hello Can anybody help me please how abou ddadmn! Advance Thanks for your efforts and help!

benslayton
06-07-2006, 04:44 AM
You can add a TARGET="_blank" to the <a>-tag,

vas
06-07-2006, 05:47 AM
You can add a TARGET="_blank" to the <a>-tag,

Thanks for your reply. I am still not sure where this <a> tag comes. Actually I am not using a iframe to show the ticker but added the script directly in a table.

irish_news
09-24-2007, 10:51 PM
I see you haven't found a solution to this yet. i have the same problem as I want the news opening up in a new page and not leaving the site.

target="_blank" is the usual solution but where does it go? I presume it goes into "scrollerbridge.php" here:

echo "rsscontentdata.$divid" . "[$i]={link:\""

but how ? :)

Thanks

spycat
01-16-2008, 04:37 PM
I would like to know this as well.
I love the ticker, but I want to keep people on my site.

spycat
01-16-2008, 04:52 PM
I just figured it out.
In rssticker.js find this line (about 3/4 way down):

var linktitle='<div class="rsstitle"><a href="'+this.link[this.pointer]+'">'+this.title[this.pointer]+'</a></div>'

and change it to:

var linktitle='<div class="rsstitle"><a href="'+this.link[this.pointer]+'" target="_blank">'+this.title[this.pointer]+'</a></div>'

Voila! , the link now ipens in a new window :)